Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: School me on suspension, 98 4Runner

It's more than just john bull. Even the fire roads are fun. I'm down for a gold mountain run but my wife hates the rocks, especially the rock garden.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    It's more than just john bull. Even the fire roads are fun. I'm down for a gold mountain run but my wife hates the rocks, especially the rock garden.
    That would be a little much for my truck I believe. Pretty sure I would want sliders unless I went to 33" and even then sliders would be nice.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

I'll figure out something fun to do in a few weeks. Both skid mounts on the LCA ears are broken, so I will have to figure out another spot to attach the skids to.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Why don't you guys come up here for a trip. Trees, cool air, mountain streams.

we gotta do a rubicon trip at some point.

Some day...

It's hard for me to get more than a day off. Even missing Monday I am paying for it the rest of the week even when a coworker helped out a bunch. A vacation from work for me is nothing more than procrastination. If we hit a slow spot (I think I remember August being pretty slow?) then we would love to come up north.

I now have these ABS codes:

31 - Right Front Sensor
    32 - Left Front Sensor
    34 - Left Rear Sensor
    49 - Stop Light Switch Circuit

49 I think is because of the LED tail lights. The others I am not sure. Any suggestions?

did you unplug the sensors when you did the arms or links?

Also weird question but does your speedo still work?

Speedo works great! I did unplug the front two sensors, but I am not sure what the rear sensor threw a code for, I haven't touched them in ages.

I think it may have started when I pulled out of the driveway on my test drive. The light came on then and I checked both sensors and found that the right front was not screwed in all the way, so I fixed that and expected the light to go off, but it didn't.

I cleared the codes. (remove jumper, jump E1 and Tc, turn IGN to ON, press brake pedal >6 times in <5 seconds). I will see how it does tomorrow. It got a little hairy when a big rig pulled out in front of me today at 60mph. I locked up the fronts for a second expecting the ABS to take care of a panic brake. Good to know I can do that though!

No new codes to report.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast