Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: School me on suspension, 98 4Runner

I got the same codes when my incandescent 3rd brake light bulb burned out and also running LED taillights. Check the 3rd brake light. :-)

They all work. I will be replacing the high mount with a good LED and probably put in a load resistor to satisfy the ABS computer.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I must just be lucky enough to have 4 dead sensors when I switched to manual locking hubs I lost the front ABS sensors and now no speedo.

Did you ever turn on the key while you had everything unplugged?

Yes I did.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

That might have been all that did it, I reset my ABS system to see if the rear sensors would read again and it took almost an entire work day commute (100 miles) for it to snap back to reality and throw the light

Digging up an old thread since I haven't been on in a while, did you figure out your ABS issue Sean?

Yes, the front sensor not being fully seated tripped the ABS light and it did not reset. Had to reset it manually with a paper clip.

Gotcha, glad you got that worked out!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678