Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shackle Mount

Made the other bracket today. Welding went a lot better and the assembly was smoother as well. Got down to drilling and couldn't find my other long bolt. One bracket is drilled and it looks good. I want to make sure it is good before I drill both.

The brackets did not come out looking the same although the same pieces were used. The bash plate I added came out at a different angle on one. I am fairly well pleased with the turnout though.

Yeah I'm just going to grind that flat lol.

One hole started out a little off center but the final location was right. Gotta get some bolts tomorrow.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

It's funny how things can come out differently. How's the welder working out for you?

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike View Post
    It's funny how things can come out differently. How's the welder working out for you?
    It's working great! I am moving towards getting a co2 tank but I am very pleased with it so far just on flux. Thanks for the recommendation for the 10lbs spool. I had my first 2 wire misfeeds yesterday and I have done multiple projects on the larger spool.

Not sure how the bash plates came out differently but there was a delay in between the first and second of a couple weeks. Both are very very sturdy though. I think the next welding project will be a standing desk for the wife (not 4runner but those things are expensive!) Wish I could find a butcher block desktop for cheap lol.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

All done now except for paint!

I ground down the lip on rhe one side but on the other it fit just like it was supposed to. I am going to start saving for a real tabletop drill press I think. The wandering killed me on this project. I wanted 1/16" placement.....and I was fighting for 1/8" so not very good. I had to play with the holes to get them straight.

I like them. Eventually I would like them to tie into the whole front end idea i have cooked up but I gotta get there first lol.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Finished product. It was quite a learning experience that's for sure.

I really like that hammered paint!! Great color and it sprays easily.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

those came out sharp. Now we gotta get you stuck and try them out : )

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162 View Post
    those came out sharp. Now we gotta get you stuck and try them out : )
    Thank you!

I actually do want to try them out. It would be the first real test of my welding skills. I'm sure I'm not the worst....but you certainly need to know what you're doing if you are making parts that are used for recovery.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123