Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shackle Mount

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptoroxx View Post
    Either that or I could just go ahead and make the rear bumper. I've had my eye on the HF tube bender. Pretty sure 1.5" is all I need to construct it with some plate to brace.
    By tube bender do you mean pipe bender? Because I don't think HB makes a tube bender and you can't bend tube with a pipe bender. Or are you going to make the bumper out of pipe?
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Swag Off-Road has some adapters for the pipe bender to bend tube.

Edit, it appears that's only for the tube roller.
    Last edited by Seanz0rz; 04-30-2015 at 05:33 PM.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    Swag Off-Road has some adapters for the pipe bender to bend tube.

Edit, it appears that's only for the tube roller.
    That's what meant to type lol. The tube roller would let bend tube correct? For 180 bucks it's hard to beat.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Pipe bender:
    http://www.harborfreight.com/16-ton-...der-35336.html

Tube roller:
    http://www.harborfreight.com/tubing-roller-99736.html

Roller makes very large radius bends, and probably not what you want for a rear bumper.

I've had my eye on this guy for a while. Someday:
    https://www.roguefab.com/category.ph...Tubing_Benders

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

That's a nice bender!! I saw some manual benders out there. I'm sure I could probably use those since I'm not interested in anything over 1.5. I've got the grunt to bend it but I know it would be nice to add a hydro mod to it later. I also saw jd squared out there and it was a decent price as well.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

The manual benders require bolting to something unmovable, so that is a killer for me. I also already have that ram sitting in my garage. Swag offers a manual to hydro setup for those common manual benders, but I think I rather just have the Rogue.

The manual benders require bolting to something unmovable, so that is a killer for me. I also already have that ram sitting in my garage. Swag offers a manual to hydro setup for those common manual benders, but I think I rather just have the Rogue.
    I have a table that could take that kind of force. I just couldn't bend in a horizontal direction. It would have to be vertical force since I can't bolt anything to the floor.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Yeah, and those aren't really designed to be mounted vertically.

If I end up buying one this summer, you are welcome to come by and use it. Just gift me some scrap tube and buy me lunch.

Yeah, and those aren't really designed to be mounted vertically.

If I end up buying one this summer, you are welcome to come by and use it. Just gift me some scrap tube and buy me lunch.
    Done!
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

A little bit of progress. I was hoping my other two pieces would come in the mail so I could finish both but I was able to finish one anyway.

This thing is really stout. There's no doubt in my mind that I could recover off of this piece lol.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast