Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Short notice! Jacoby Canyon (Big Bear) day trip, 16MAY15.

I am still available as well. I don't mind meeting up. Might be able to bring one of my buddies too.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Have fun guys. I'll be smashing stuff back together.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    Have fun guys. I'll be smashing stuff back together.
    Wish I was closer. I would give you a hand in smashing stuff so you could do a shakedown on your rig.

I was actually thinking of linking two trails together since Jacoby trail and Rattlesnake canyon are linked by Burns Canyon Rd. It would make it a little longer. Watched some videos on Rattlesnake and it seems like a pretty easy run although snow and water would complicate things.

http://backcountry4x4.com/SC4x4TrailsHome.html

There's a link to the map I was looking at if you're interested. If not that's fine. I can do Jacoby Canyon and save Rattlesnake for another time. I will most likely have my daughter with me and maybe a buddy or two. Just a few of the guys from base if anyone.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

That would make for a nice day. Jacoby should take an hourish, burns canyon should be another hour-hour and a half. and Rattlesnake would be an hourish depending on stops. Nothing crazy on any of those trails, just lots of pretty scenery. We traveled that route on day three of our "whole bernadino" and I think we finished by noon even with a side trip up tip top mtn.

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162 View Post
    That would make for a nice day. Jacoby should take an hourish, burns canyon should be another hour-hour and a half. and Rattlesnake would be an hourish depending on stops. Nothing crazy on any of those trails, just lots of pretty scenery. We traveled that route on day three of our "whole bernadino" and I think we finished by noon even with a side trip up tip top mtn.
    Honestly nothing crazy is a good thing for 2 rigs on 31". Some of those rocks can be nasty and right now big bear still has snow and water making trails a little more slippery.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

I'm still waiting for the go ahead from the wife but I think it's good so far. She's a definite no but I will have my daughter with me and possibly my son. He needs some more driving practice.

Where do we start from? I live in Newport Beach so it will take me a while to get out to the east side of BB.

You're looking for Rattlesnake Canyon rd in Landers. Looks like it's about 10 minutes longer for travel. The start point is just a little farther away and down off the mountain area. Rattlesnake Canyon ascends from the desert up into the trees. I've done it before on Burns Canyon Trail and it was really beautiful climbing out of the desert. It shouldn't be hot tomorrow either. I figure lunch in BB might be a good way to go considering the cooler weather that rolled into the area yesterday.

http://www.rattlesnakecanyontrail.com/
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Good luck guys. Give me a call if you need anything, although I'm not sure how much help I could be.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Remember no trip is done until the pictures are posted lol. I need my web wheeling!

Me too!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast