Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SOLD! Budbuilt IFS Skid Plate/Bellypan Combo - fits 88-95 V6-Auto Truck/4Runner

Re: Budbuilt IFS Skid Plate/Bellypan Combo - fits 88-95 V6-Auto Truck or 4Runner

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Oh h3ll. gotta buy something else, eh??? Shouldn't have sold that to MarkP!
    I take it I will need the dual case crossmember? I have a '95 4Runner 4WD w/3.0
    Dang, that's another $260+

Is there a rear skid plate also? Or are there only the front skid plate and belly pan? What about the rear shaft and exhaust protection ?

I know that is what you have, but do I need to get a rear skid plate?
    You don't need a dual case crossmember unless you plan to run duals. A single works fine with the belly pan. Those prices come with the crossmember skid but I bet you could call Bud and tell him that you're getting Cebby's belly pan and he would probably sell you the crossmember cheaper without the little skid. He's a super nice guy to talk to and normally willing to help.

Also, there is no driveshaft/exhaust protection that I know of.. On mine the gas tank gets hit well before the driveshaft or exhaust.

For reference here is the bottom of my truck with the same setup, just the 4 cyl version (the belly pan is slightly different):
    1987 Toyota 4Runner<br />Specs Here: 4Runner Page

Re: Budbuilt IFS Skid Plate/Bellypan Combo - fits 88-95 V6-Auto Truck or 4Runner

You snoozed....I would have bought the whole setup if my IFS didnt fall off.
    1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

Quote Originally Posted by amgraham

Is there a rear skid plate also? Or are there only the front skid plate and belly pan? What about the rear shaft and exhaust protection ?

I know that is what you have, but do I need to get a rear skid plate?
    You don't need a dual case crossmember unless you plan to run duals. A single works fine with the belly pan. Those prices come with the crossmember skid but I bet you could call Bud and tell him that you're getting Cebby's belly pan and he would probably sell you the crossmember cheaper without the little skid. He's a super nice guy to talk to and normally willing to help.

Also, there is no driveshaft/exhaust protection that I know of.. On mine the gas tank gets hit well before the driveshaft or exhaust.

For reference here is the bottom of my truck with the same setup, just the 4 cyl version (the belly pan is slightly different):
    Ok. so the skid goes from front bumper to IFS and the belly pan goes from IFS to end of tranny/trfr case w/X-member at that point?

I thought dual meant tranny + transfer case for 4X4 and single was for 2WD set up. Tell me what "duals" means. Thx.
    JOE-<br />&#39;95 4Runner (as Bob would say T4R) completely stock, but it&#39;s now a work in process......4X4 auto<br /><br />&#39;04 Chevy Burban Z71 4X4 - kid haulin&#39; bus, but she&#39;s a sweet black b!tch.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc P
    You snoozed....I would have bought the whole setup if my IFS didnt fall off.
    suck @ss

JOE-<br />&#39;95 4Runner (as Bob would say T4R) completely stock, but it&#39;s now a work in process......4X4 auto<br /><br />&#39;04 Chevy Burban Z71 4X4 - kid haulin&#39; bus, but she&#39;s a sweet black b!tch.

Single is for one transfer case. Duals is for two - also referred to as a doubler. There are a few triple setups out there too.

http://www.marlincrawler.com/htm/tra...ickup_dual.htm

2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Yup. If you run two cases you essentially bolt another one on the back of your current case (not quite that simple but you get the idea).

Here is a pics of how far the belly pan comes back on mine (to the rear of the t-case):
    1987 Toyota 4Runner<br />Specs Here: 4Runner Page

OK - new price is $325 shipped. If I don't get a commitment for this over the weekend, it goes on eBay on Monday. Price will likely start at $325 on eBay.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack

SOLD!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12