Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TRD supercharger program discontinued indefinitely

Garrett,

Good find. Yeah interesting question. I wonder if they decided there was still lingering demand or if this is stock they foudn from somewhere.

Bob

Magnuson has always made the housing for TRD while Eaton makes the blower. TRD just no longer sells it in-house and apparently the rights have been transferred to Magnuson.

To answer your text Bob, since you have a 5-speed all you need is the charger and the URD 7th injector kit. Some people get by without the 7th, but my truck needed it.

I just got my supercharger rebuilt by Magnuson about 2 weeks ago, their customer service seems as good as ever. This go around they replaced everything including the rotors so it ended up being about $1200 but that gave me essentially a brand-new supercharger after the rebuild.

After this rebuild the 4Runner is finally running at reasonable performance again (for a vehicle with 217,000 miles), the MAP-ECU3 has made all the difference. If I could only talk to myself back in 2006 and tell me not to go with the FTC1-E...
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

You can buy the "formerly TRD" supercharger straight from Magnuson also: http://www.magnusonproducts.com/p-14...er-system.aspx
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123