Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trip Report: Road trip to Idaho

Here is another picture of that river from on top of a bridge.

I no doubt had my filter on and like wearing glasses the angle which you look at something effects the colors. The above picture isn't as blue but you can see the green algae on the light colored rocks which adds to the green color. The hot water from the spring that rolled down the hill into the water rolled over bright orange algae so it was a world of color out there.

In our travels we have come across several blue pools and they were blue for other reasons.

The Tamolitch Falls pool (Blue Pool) along the Mackenzie River trail in OR picks up it's blue when the river travels underground.

The mountain bike trail follows the river for miles then the river disappears and when it reappears it goes over some falls and collects in a blue pool. I guess while it was under ground it picks up some kind of something.

Another good one was in New Zealand on the South island. This water way was on a hike that had run off from Fox Glacier. It was very cold and the river bottom was all rock.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12