Thread: Not really new..but back from the Dark Side

Not really new..but back from the Dark Side

I just purchased a 1996 T4R Limited w/ E-Locker, after being absent from the off-roading scene for awhile.

My 1st vehicle ever was my 1986 4Runner(where RedRunner_87) comes from. Was kept stock, with 31" Interco Trxus tires. That thing went everywhere and never left me stranded, I regret selling this every day. Had the power package(power windows, door locks and mirror's) and mint interior and exterior.

My 2nd "offroad" rig was a 1997 Grand Cherokee Limited. Had a Rubicon Express 3.5" Super Flex lift, Trail Ready Rear Bumper and 32" BFG M/T's. It was super flexy but man I broke something almost every time I went out.

After I sold the Grand Cherokee, I bought an 88 Toyota P/U. Didn't last to long until the engine blew up.

Finally was able to save up and get myself a 3rd Gen w/ E-locker.

1996 T4R Limited: Stock l E-Locked l 265/70/16 Destination A/T's l Ultra Gauge l Drifter CB Mount l AOF Sliders l Weathertech
    My Build Thread
    2001 Camry: Stock l DD
    1987 T4R: Stock l 31x10.50 Interco Trxus *sold*

Welcome!! Tons of info here and lots of good solid advice. Nice rig!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Welcome back. Any plans off the bat for the new 3rd gen? Where abouts do you live? I see CO and CA plates.

Congrats on the new member of the family. The 3rd gen is a great platform.

Another converted ZJ owner.

I had a 96 ZJ which had something break about once per month.

I sold it and purchased a 2000 4Runner. It doesn't flex as well, but it is much more reliable and comfortable.

Welcome to ultimateyota.

- Matt
    2000 4Runner Sport / 4x4 / 5spd / E-locker / SS 1.2 / 265x75x16 Bighorns / ARB Prado / HD-SKO

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike View Post
    Welcome back. Any plans off the bat for the new 3rd gen? Where abouts do you live? I see CO and CA plates.
    Originally from CA, lived in AZ for a few years recently moved up to Fort Collins, CO. I am going to give her a full tune up, replace the worn front 2 tires and remove the running boards. Basically get her ready for snowboarding season up here. Over winter plan on saving up for the Sonoran Steel 1.2 lift and get her to the point of being a camping truck
    1996 T4R Limited: Stock l E-Locked l 265/70/16 Destination A/T's l Ultra Gauge l Drifter CB Mount l AOF Sliders l Weathertech
    My Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by slomatt View Post
    Another converted ZJ owner.

I had a 96 ZJ which had something break about once per month.

I sold it and purchased a 2000 4Runner. It doesn't flex as well, but it is much more reliable and comfortable.

Welcome to ultimateyota.

- Matt
    I will definitely miss the flex. It could flex for days, but the gas mileage with the 5.2L and 32's was killer. Also the constant never ending repair bill on it lol
    My Build Thread