Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Little blue 4Runner and ol' lady. Howdy.

Welcome back Hab!!
    I've been pretty absent myself. Getting killed at work these days, and when I get home around 1800, usually the last thing I want to do is get on the computer again.

Just by the way Hab, my wife still uses the line on me all the time that is somehow your fault from WAAAYYY back in the day over at YT where I told you that 'Sometimes guys want to be treated like Princesses too' and it was in your sig for awhile over there.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Tourist
    Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike View Post
    Black Bear Pass along with Cinnamon Pass, Engineer Pass...pretty much anything in Colorado with the word "Pass" is high on my wheeling bucket list.
    Me too! We managed Guanella, Old Monarch, Tomichi, Hancock, Tincup, Cinnamon, Black Bear and Imogene passes this year....so many more to do....only Hancock, Black Bear and Imogene were ones we hadn't done yet. If I keep repeating I'll never get them all, andl those side trips too...oh yes!

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco View Post
    Welcome back Hab!!
    I've been pretty absent myself. Getting killed at work these days, and when I get home around 1800, usually the last thing I want to do is get on the computer again.

Just by the way Hab, my wife still uses the line on me all the time that is somehow your fault from WAAAYYY back in the day over at YT where I told you that 'Sometimes guys want to be treated like Princesses too' and it was in your sig for awhile over there.
    Hahahahahaha.....now I want to put that back in!

If it makes you feel any better, my husband uses 'Gonna catch fire', which started with my dual battery install. :/
    Is is wrong I find it a little amusing that it was his car that finally did (just a little fire)?
    Last edited by habanero; 08-20-2015 at 07:15 AM.
    '96 4Runner SR5 4x4, manual, e-locker, manual hubs too. Stuff happened to it. Stuff is still happening to it.
    '99 4Runner SR5 Highlander, manual w/locker. Stuff is starting to happen to this one too...but not too much stuff.
    http://www.yotatech.com/f200/habaner...thread-201751/
    Sometimes guys like to be treated like princesses too!

Quote Originally Posted by habanero View Post

Hahahahahaha.....now I want to put that back in!

If it makes you feel any better, my husband uses 'Gonna catch fire', which started with my dual battery install. :/
    Is is wrong I find it a little amusing that it was his car that finally did (just a little fire)?
    No shame in a little laughter.
    My buddies all rag me because my junk caught fire once on an especially gnarly trail... just a small fire though.

And just in case you want it....
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco
    -Chris
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.

Tourist
    Hee...got it! Now people are gonna think I'm a dude that wants the princess treatment.
    (I can live with that if princesses get cool new tools and finds all the bits and pieces they're looking for at the boneyard)
    '96 4Runner SR5 4x4, manual, e-locker, manual hubs too. Stuff happened to it. Stuff is still happening to it.
    '99 4Runner SR5 Highlander, manual w/locker. Stuff is starting to happen to this one too...but not too much stuff.

I cant ever seem to find what I need at the boneyard.
    -Chris

Tourist
    I cant ever seem to find what I need at the boneyard.
    I'd settle for a stripped down 3rd gen at this point.....anything....

Hab,
    I think you need to do your own 3rd gen review, from an offroading female's perspective. Oh, and don't forget to smoke a cigar while doing the video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSQg7XFkCEc

"It's thee best car I've ever had...in terms of.....well, everything."

:-)

That video is priceless. Hahaha.
    Adam

Tourist
    Little ol' lunch lady smoking a fat stogie (ick) while extolling the virtues of wheeling the kid bearing grocery getter while waiting for the b'laster to soak in.

Well, you see, you get in it and turn the key after depressing the clutch and brake pedals. Then you drive it and it goes bumpity bump and big smiles happen.

Quote Originally Posted by habanero View Post

Well, you see, you get in it and turn the key after depressing the clutch and brake pedals. Then you drive it and it goes bumpity bump and big smiles happen.
    I'm not sure many people these days even know what a clutch pedal does, much less know how to drive one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast