Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: FJ80, family hauler, and crawler.

My wife's maiden voyage to work...

She's lovin' it!
    Adam

Tourist
    Now there's a woman who knows how to accessorize!
    '96 4Runner SR5 4x4, manual, e-locker, manual hubs too. Stuff happened to it. Stuff is still happening to it.
    '99 4Runner SR5 Highlander, manual w/locker. Stuff is starting to happen to this one too...but not too much stuff.
    http://www.yotatech.com/f200/habaner...thread-201751/
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco View Post
    Sometimes guys like to be treated like princesses too!

Quote Originally Posted by habanero View Post
    Now there's a woman who knows how to accessorize!
    Yep. My kind of girl.
    Adam

I had a little issue with the Cruiser this week. It would stumble and die when in reverse. Ran fine going forward. A quick search on Mud, and learned that a crack in the intake tube will cause these symptoms. Mine looked to be original, so I ordered a new one from Toyota.

While I was under the hood, I replaced the air filter and cleaned the tuna can. Some Pismo sand in there...

Old...

New...

Now it is running nice and smooth again. Easy peasy!
    Last edited by malteserunner; 10-03-2015 at 10:11 AM.
    Adam

Wow. You got a lot of sand in there. The intake must be open to the tires of something. None of my runner or tundra ever gets sand in there when I take them to pismo. I kicked up a lot of sand too.
    88 4Runner LT
    04 Tundra

No telling when the tuna can was cleaned last, but the filter definitely had a ton of sand in it. I guess I'll be getting a snorkel...

The fenders are trimmed, so I'm sure some sand was thrown up there.
    Adam

So, I'm looking into a CO2 tank for airing up the tires on this pig. Powertank's are nice, but I'm not sure I want to throw all that money at a setup. I talked to one of my off road accounts today, at work, to get some ideas. He told me about Instant Air Supply. I read some reviews online, and this looks like the route I'm going!

http://www.instantairsupply.com/home...-solution.html

Anyone using their stuff?
    Adam

Seems like the same idea for the most part. I have never heard of them in particular. I am planning (if I can weld where I'm moving to) to just use straight c02 as my shielding gas and get a 10 or 15lbs tank and when I need it to fill tires I can.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

That will work out great for you!

I like the powertank stuff, but this IAS setup is a bit more reasonable in price, where I can justify the purchase. I loved having OBA on my 4Runner, and now I feel a little vulnerable out in the wild, without having a source of air. The CO2 setups always intrigued me before, and I look forward to giving it a try.

I think I'll get their 15lb kit, since I have 37's.
    Adam

I don't have any experience with IAS but there is much documented on the internet regarding Co2 systems and how to build them. I've got a York setup up but it can't do what I've seen Lance's CO2 setup do in terms of seating beads. About every year at Pismo he seats someones tire and the dump of pressure combined with the valves is amazing.

Do a little searching and you'll find the type of tank and valve to be looking for. I'm sure the prices have gone up since I last looked but it's worth a shot. I think I remember seeing setups for less than $150. I think Mastacox or someone here on UY build one as a matter of fact.

Also check out Powertank accessories. Some of their monster flow pieces might be necessary to make the most out of your system.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast