Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: FJ80, family hauler, and crawler.

Very nice! I am really curious to see how those beads work out for you. I experimented with the airsoft pellets and it worked but not great and not all the time.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

So far, I have driven 100ish miles, mixed highway and mountain roads. I've intentionally hit a couple potholes at speed, to see what happened. These are so much better than the airsoft bb's I've run before. Definitely recommended. The balance is better than when the tires were new, with static balancing.

The last time I ran airsoft bb's, they were biodegradable. They disappeared in the tire after three months! Not even a powder left inside. LOL.
    Adam

I would get a random vibration and have to aim for a bots dot to reset the BBs, that worked pretty well. The real problem was wheels that were probably bent.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I had similar issues with airsoft bb's. Seems like these beads react quicker to bumps, corners, speed changes, etc. Drove another 40 miles after work, and it's smooth as butter.
    Adam

Added spacers to the rear bump stops. Should help keep the tire off the fender a bit. I'll try to flex it this weekend, to see where it's at.

Adam

Staging for our place in a small town parade. 500+ lbs of teenagers on the PrInSu roof rack. 3.11:1 gears are great for parades.

​​​​​​​
    Adam

New calipers and brake hoses, today...

Adam

Man you're busy on the beast. I know I replaced my rear linings when I did my rear bearings and seals years ago but I don't think I've done a thing with the fronts except for a bleed over 100,000 miles ago. Part of me is just waiting to wear through the front pads and then I'll go through it. I just hope it's not too late.

I like to at least flush the brake fluid annually, on my vehicles. The brakes weren't performing very well, due to a sticking piston on the driver side caliper. So, I replaced the calipers, and flushed the fluid (1.5 quarts), then checked rear brake adjustment, and they are working well again.
    Adam

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast