Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: FJ80, family hauler, and crawler.

Those are nice racks. With that rack and your rain gutters you'll have a super solid base for a tent.

Yes sir. I looked at a lot of racks, before I decided on this one. Got lucky, and participated in a group buy, and saved a bit of coin. I love how low profile this rack is!
    Adam

Prinsu rack installed this morning. Getting tires balanced this afternoon.

Adam

Great looking rack! Wish they made one for the 100!

Looking forward to seeing the beast!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

1 week away!

They skipped right over the 100 series, straight to the 200. Hopefully they'll get enough interest to support yours down the road.
    Adam

Updates...

Had a good time at the Pismo Jamboree!

Changed out my charcoal canister, with this GM unit. No more pressure built up in the tank now.

Modified some riser bolts, to fit in the 80/20 on the PrInSu rack, so I can mount Quickfists for my pulaski and shovel.

Went on a drive with the the little ones...

Starting to add some color to the paint scheme. This is the same paint I used on my 240Z project.

​​​​​​

Going to take some time to finish the paint project, but I'll update as I go.
    Adam

Wonder If my charcoal canister is my problem as well. I do get a lot of pressure build up when I drive up to bald and back.

Nice job on the paint. Gonna look sweet once done.
    88 4Runner LT
    04 Tundra

Charcoal canister is a known issue on the 80's. Topping off at the pump is bad for these old pigs. Since I swapped this out, I have had no issues with boiling or excess pressure.
    Adam

100s have this problem too. Although, our system is much more complicated, so I am not sure adding this canister will work, but it might be worth trying. I haven't had that issue on mine, but I see it pop up on Mud quite a bit.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Bunch of work today.

Bypassed EGR and smog pump, per Mud instructions.

Fixed wiring on Amazon back up camera.

Installed porch light, for use camping. Should be handy for lighting the ladder area when we get our RTT.

Wired the porch light to this remote relay from Anzo. It has 4 circuits, each with it's own on/off button on the fob. Will be handy for lighting around the 80, as well as having the ability to light the ground from inside the tent, with a push of the button.

Adam

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast