Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: FJ80, family hauler, and crawler.

I like that relay box. I've got a remote relay for a light in the rear of my 4Runner but it's a single circuit. I could see a 4 circuit coming in handy.

Me too. I don't see well at night, so this will be invaluable for me on trips. I plan to have cargo lighting and possibly rock lights, on the remote. Thinking of LED indicators for each circuit, on the dash, so I will know if a button were pressed accidentally. I don't want to have any of the lights on, say in the daytime, without knowing. I have the main power source wired through a circuit breaker, so I can easily disable the whole unit as well.
    Adam

Oil change and a bath today. Getting ready for our toy drive tomorrow, at Children's Hospital.

37's and a PrInSu rack, and it fits in the garage! .....with 3 psi in the tires

Also fixed the fuel door by adding a spring to pop it open. The original is MIA.
    Last edited by malteserunner; 12-02-2016 at 07:13 PM.
    Adam

Organizing my recovery gear. Ready for the snow!

Adam

New starter contacts installed.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by malteserunner View Post
    Organizing my recovery gear. Ready for the snow!

That's a great looking kit Adam.

New Year's Eve at a little village full of lights, with the kids...

Snowy adventure on New Year's Day at Beasore Meadow...

Stopped by to check in on a friend's cabin...

Another cabin visitor...

Happy New Year!!
    Adam

What tracks are those?!

Looks like fun!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    What tracks are those?!

Looks like fun!
    Not sure about the tracks. I found some similar online, but they were unidentified. Did a lot of reading on the subject while browsing around. Pretty interesting stuff.

As far as the fun goes, it was a blast. Quite a mix of different snow. Frozen, powdery, packed, and slushy. I was constantly adjusting my driving style. The 80 performed very well. I want a co2 tank, or OBA in the near future. We ran 10 psi, but I would like to have the option of going lower. We had about 15 miles of windy paved road to drive, before reaching a gas station with air. Took about 15 minutes, and $2.00 in quarters to get the 37's up to 20 psi. Really made me miss OBA.
    Adam

Upgraded my battery and cable situation. Group 27 AGM battery (185 minute reserve), and 1 gauge cable with compression lugs.

All buttoned up. I decided not to use the military terminals, since this battery has a through hole in it's posts.

I need to get some terminals for the body ground. What is pictured is only temporary. Also, not pictured, I pulled the old positive cable out of it's original loom, and reused it on the new cable.
    Adam

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast