Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: FJ80, family hauler, and crawler.

Looks good! How do you like those compression terminals? I've always used the crimp terminals and I am less than thrilled with them, although next time I do them I will make a tool to do them on the press or in the vise.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I love compression terminals. Never had one fail.
    Adam

POWER!!! Living in the colder climate I really should look to upgrade my battery (especially if I add aux items as yourself), I did however just place and order for the compression terminals! They are neat, can't wait to try them out myself!

Cool Avi! When you install the terminals, twist the nut onto the stripped wire. Then hold the nut with a wrench, and thread the lug onto it. This way you won't twist the cable. I add dielectric grease in the connection for corrosion prevention. Have fun!
    Adam

I really like those terminal ends. I've never had great luck with the larger crimp on versions but that was with a past vehicle. These look like they can make things a bit easier.

They look like a compression fitting. Is there a need to use thread locker? It seems like the twist of heavier cable can work to loosen up the connection.

I have never seen compression fittings for electrical. I'll have to check into those.

Mike, no thread locker needed. They are compression fittings, and a couple threads in, they get pretty snug. By the time they're tight, there's no way they'll back out. I always leave some wire protruding, to act as a stop, preventing the cable from coming out. Very solid connection.
    Adam

On top of the terminals I may use this as well:
    Dual Wall Adhesive Lined Heat Shrink KIT - 85 Pieces - 3:1 Shrink Ratio - Size Range: 3/32" to 1/2" - Black, Clear, Red

Give that little added seal since the northeast loves corrosion...

Parts are coming in. TMI rock rings, and a new matching spare to rotate in. IAS 15lb Co2 tank kit. Should keep me entertained for a bit.

#totalmetalinnovations #instantairsupply
    Adam

One wheel welded up. Primer, paint, mount tire, then do it all again four times. Modding daily drivers is fun!*

​​​​​​​

Also filled the Co2 last week for $20 at a local bottling supplier. In and out in 5 minutes!
    Adam

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast