Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Pismo Jamboree

2015 Pismo Jamboree

2015 was another great year out in the dunes. Thanks for all that helped to put it on and those that attended. This year was smaller but I think it was just as fun because it was the core group. I didn't take too many pictures because after so many years they all look the same but below are a sampling.

Last edited by 4x4mike; 09-21-2015 at 10:07 AM.

We had an X5 M series in the dunes with us for awhile. The thing did really well. He followed us out on Sunday so he was there for the weekend getting his money's worth.

Milton

Sometimes you just have a bad day. Luckily this wasn't at our camp but is a reminder to be safe.

Speaking of reminders. If you're near a helicopter on the beach roll up your windows and close your mouth. Sand everywhere.

Last edited by 4x4mike; 08-16-2016 at 08:24 AM.

Cool, thanks for posting pics! I had some commitments I couldn't change this year but plan to be there next year.

On another note, I can't believe they landed on that chopper on the beach. Sand is so erosive to rotor blades...

looks like a fun weekend!

I am glad to see the numbers drop actually. The riff raff that would come out of the woodwork for the free stuff, never added anything to the group. Watching Chris and Lance stuck behind the table all weekend so that the event could go smoothly...bummer when neither of them had enough play weekends.

Great pics Mike! Liz was all smiles on our run in the dunes. Can't wait for another trip.
    Adam

sorry i missed out the 4runner died a couple days before fri and i could not find any thing to get down there in
    Last edited by stormtaco; 09-21-2015 at 05:57 PM.
    i sell cars to soon to ever work on them

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162 View Post

The riff raff that would come out of the woodwork for the free stuff, never added anything to the group.
    That statement implies there are some people on this forum that aren't riff raff. I'll have to think about that one. :-)

We arrived about 3PM Thursday to the worst winds I have experienced there. It was truly miserable and we even considered staying in town for the day. By the time we returned from picking up Splash Cafe the wind had died down.

Friday was much the same, and the 4Runner and trailer kept sinking throughout the day as the sand blew out from underneath the tires.

It was dead on the beach on Thursday:

My Pismo inspired sticker:

Not a bad setup (plus my wife photobombing):

Some FANCY night shots. Would have had more/better, but I forgot the tripod.:

Group Picture:

Now to the couple of videos I got:

Mike and his Humps, his Humps, his Lovely Lady Lumps:
    https://youtu.be/Je5EGd2PKQ0

Mike getting stuck:
    https://youtu.be/cqCyTCyhIAk

I had a great time, and so did my family. It was great to get back to the dunes that tried to claim my 4Runner last year. Thanks to everyone for making it another great year! My only carnage this year is some badly burned feet...

More pics: https://www.flickr.com/photos/985500...57656608464993
    Last edited by Seanz0rz; 09-21-2015 at 05:48 PM.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast