Ok so I drank the kool-aid a little while ago and got the hilux 167 snorkel for the runner. Very happy with it but I was hesitant to install the upper brace because of the area it was in. It's supposed to be riveted in to the windshield frame.

It's right above the ditch light bracket.

So on to my concern. In town driving the snorkel doesn't shake much but when you hop out on the interstate the wind can really make it move more than I expected.

So here's my idea that I'm thinking about to brace it up so the snorkel is firm but....there aren't any holes. Here are some pics to help out.

The ditch light will be the lower brace mount and I will just drill a hole and mount it.

Then I will need to bend it so I can bolt it to the l frame and then the upper brace will be the roof rack.

I think I can do it with just 4 or 5 bends on the flat metal but I'm not certain. It's hard to tell with pics and honestly seeing it in person doesn't help much.

The one part I haven't really figured yet is a clamp for the rack. I've looked and while I have seen a few clamps none seem well built enough or they are roud, expensive as hell, and over built for the purpose.

The metal I have for this is 3/16" flat, 1" wide. Should be easy enough to form with hand tools.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk