Thread: YotaFun's Annabelle (2000 4Runner Limited)

YotaFun's Annabelle (2000 4Runner Limited)

Decided having one 4Runner wasn't enough so I went ahead and got another one, and one that I have always wanted!
    "Hi, My name is Avi, and I am addicted to 4Runners."

So I picked up this 4Runner off our wholesale lot for a decent price.
    I wasn't really planning on getting another one but the price was right and it was just calling to me to save it.

Specs:
    2000 4Runner Limited w/ 189k on the ODO
    Millennium Silver Metallic on Millennium Silver Metallic
    Tan Leather Interior
    3.4l V6
    Auto with Multi-mode 4wd transfer case
    Rear Locker

As far as build plans, this one is staying as stock as possible since I still have Tess to go take to the trails and beat the heck out of it.
    If I do decide to a build of some sort on this one, I will actually focus on building this more towards an expedition style rig and keep Tess as the rock crawler.

There are some issue with the truck but nothing that is easily fixable.
    The sun visor park clip was broken so I went ahead an ordered new ones and fixed that.
    The passenger side window switch was broken, ordered one to fix that but might have to order another one since the on I got was a used unit and feeling weak itself.
    The radio that came with it was a very cheap aftermarket unit that wouldn't let the antenna down and the aux port was broken, I just went ahead a put a stock radio I had lying around. I am just utilizing the tap deck till I decide it I want to put an aftermarket in (maybe something with Bluetooth and phone call capabilities?)
    It needed a good cleaning because the previous owner was either a women or a drag queen cause the amount of makeup on the steering wheel and in the glove box was layered on pretty well. I did my best to clean it and then took it to a car wash to get a partial detail done (as you can see in the pictures)

The Truck Itself:

Last edited by YotaFun; 05-15-2018 at 11:25 PM.

Some issues:

As you can see in the pictures there are brownish/antracite-ish wheels on it.
    Well the previous owner must have caught a curb pretty good:

This must have bent the axle shaft too, I had a wobble in the left rear wheel, so I had a spare one lying around and went ahead and swapped it out.

The valve covers are leaking and its due for a timing belt and tune up.
    Since the belt was last done at 100K I am doing the 190K service as a 90K service.
    So I am collecting parts to do the timing belt and water pump as well as get the coolant back to Toyota red.
    I believe the truck suffered pink milkshake once before since the rad is newish and the trans fluid is brand new red and the coolant is green.
    As well as spark plugs, wires, air filter, all diff fluids, I was considering the trans but again it looks brand new as is.
    I will also be doing a aux trans cooler, just for piece of mind of future pink milkshake.
    I will also be doing upper and lower ball joints and holding off on tie-rod ends due to might need a steering rack.

Also the lights for the auto climate control are burnt out so I have to pull those and order them as well.

The brakes on the truck are actually brand new in the front so I will keep them for now but eventually upgrade to tundra brakes, after winter I will rebuild the rear brakes, they have plenty of shoe life left but the drums are about shot, not pulsating but are to the point of replacement.
    Last edited by YotaFun; 05-15-2018 at 11:29 PM.

Looks pretty clean.

Regarding the wheel...wow, how does one do that?!
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Looks nice and other than little things it looks good to go. Do your cars get driven much in the winter? Especially now with two 4Runners.

It's pretty awesome that, at 189,000 miles, you can call attention to such minute things as broken door clips and makeup on the steering wheel, haha. Nice purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike View Post
    It's pretty awesome that, at 189,000 miles, you can call attention to such minute things as broken door clips and makeup on the steering wheel, haha. Nice purchase.
    Yeah, that stuff seems easy compared to stained and smelly seats.

Last edited by 4x4mike; 11-23-2015 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood4x4 View Post
    Looks pretty clean.

Regarding the wheel...wow, how does one do that?!
    It is a lot cleaner then my 97, so to me its almost mint, but nothing compared to Kens squeaky clean 4Runner.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike View Post
    Looks nice and other than little things it looks good to go. Do your cars get driven much in the winter? Especially now with two 4Runners.
    Yeah its an upgrade for sure, get the things fixed up and it will be good for another 200k hopefully.
    The cars do get driven in the winter, especially since the Matrix is AWD. I would drive the truck when there was a snow storm or if there was a freeze warning, the better half would drive the Matrix unless the storm was heavy and then I would drive him in. Also the Matrix isn't paid off, so I would rather wreck one of the vehicles that already paid off.
    I know having 4wd does not make you king of the snow, but here in Delaware, people don't know how to drive on a dry day let alone rain of snow, so I feel safer getting hit in the 4Runner then I would in the Camry or Matrix.

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike View Post
    I didn't go through it with a fine tooth comb, honestly that was stuff that I happen to notice when cleaning or just driving the truck lol. Its not as clean as yours but for being in the rust belt, this is the best one I have seen for sale so far, usually its been either the frame is shot but the body is beautiful or the other way around...

And how did I get so lucky to have a blow up doll make an appearance in my thread? lol