I bought a 3 gallon Rotopax last year for a little piece of mind. Most of my trips don't require fuel but just in case, I wanted an option. For Sean's MRE a few years ago I used my 5 gallon jerry can. My roof rack is topped with expanded steel so I used eye bolts and a strap to secure it.

The jerry can didn't budge or leak but it's big and heavy. I found a deal on the Rotopax direct from them and figured it would be a nice smaller option. I looked into their locking mount but it seem pretty expensive for what it is, especially since it won't get a lot of use. I figured I could make my own mount went from there.

I've wheeled a little with a large eye bolt on the Rotopax and it worked but it wasn't pretty nor secure. A while back I started on a new version and after little bits here and there for the past 4 months I finished it up.

My intent was to have a locking holder that secured the opening and didn't require tools to remove the Rotopax. People around these parts siphon fuel, drill holes in gas tanks and pretty much take whats not bolted down. By securing the opening the idea is that someone would have to poke a hole in the can to get any fuel.

I welded a plate with welded nuts to the rack frame under the expanded steel to make sure nothing moves.

All mounted up. I still haven't put the rack on the roof but hope to test things out this holiday season.