So here goes. Recently noticed my CV clamps on the driver side leaking grease. Not a ton but, some. Decided to pull and rebuild the OEM rather than throw on my Napa that's been laying around as a trail spare.

Everything went very smoothly, no issues until I went to test drive it around the block. Made it a couple of minutes away when all of a sudden heard/felt a pop and grind sound for about 5-10 seconds (basically until I came to a stop.) Actually sounded like something dragging more than anything. Looked at everything, nothing looked/smelled out of my the ordinary.

Made it back home with no repeat of sound, decided to investigate further and pulled the CV again. Even decided to swap for the NAPA that was still new sealed in box. Tightened everything down after the swap and went to test it out. Same result, a few miles down the road with no issue and out of nowhere a pop/grid sound, stopped and checked before heading home.

I am at a loss as to what the issue is. No noticeable play in the wheel bearing. All ball joints and tie Rod's are new. The CV was fully seated with the snap ring popping into place during the swap. I just recently did the passenger CV about a month ago with zero issues. Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk