Thread: FS: TRD 2nd Gen Supercharger for 5VZ - Used

FS: TRD 2nd Gen Supercharger for 5VZ - Used

For Sale: TRD 2nd Gen Supercharger for the 5VZ-FE engine for 4Runner, Tacoma, etc.

I purchased this used last November with grand plans to stick it on my 4Runner. Life has changed and I am in search of a bigger vehicle, and this needs to go. I also felt a little weary putting it on my 210k mile engine, although I am pretty confident it would do just fine.

Included is the SC, modified timing cover, (2) dynamic tensioners (one looks significantly newer than the other), all of the hardware needed plus NEW Toyota OEM belt, throttle body gasket, surge gasket, one way valve. Also included are the shims necessary for the Auto Trans. All you would need to install it is some new spark plugs.

Pictures explain it best:

Link to more pictures:
    https://flic.kr/s/aHsks6N7iW

TRD has eliminated their supercharger program, so this is getting to be a rare beast. I never installed it, so I cannot comment on it's function more than to say there is no play in the pulley, and everything feels tight and good. I would say it is in very good condition.

I also have the original box and will ship that as well if you want. It has seen better days.

I am asking $2100 OBO shipped. Local pickup (Inland Empire, CA) I would knock a bit more off that price. PM me here if you are interested.
    Last edited by Seanz0rz; 01-16-2016 at 12:54 PM.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Bump. Adding the supercharger to a 3rd gen drops the power to weight ratio from 20.9 to 14.1 pounds per horsepower. (The lower the number, the better.) To put that in perspective, that bests some really fun little cars like the Mini Cooper Turbo S at 14.6 lb/hp and ties with the turbocharged VW GTI at 14.1 lbs/hp. That's without fuel management or smaller pulleys.

A couple of other comparisons:
    2004 4Runner V8 (non-VVTi) - 19.1 lbs/hp
    2007 4Runner V8 (VVTi) - 16.6 lbs/hp
    2016 4Runner - 17.4 lbs/hp
    2015 Hyundai Accent - 17.3 lbs/hp
    2016 BMW 335i I-6 twin turbo - 11.85

Just sayin'!

Thanks for the bump!

It will stay here and on Expo for a couple weeks then move to t4r and eBay.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Sold.