Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen 4runner Survey (for fun and for Statistics Class)

3rd Gen 4runner Survey (for fun and for Statistics Class)

This is a cross post from T4R.org so if you took it from over on that forum then you're done. It won't let you take it again. I'm slowly clawing my way through statistics and I have a class project due in a couple of weeks. I just started it up last night. I did a smaller survey of just 100 people but I have revamped the questions in order to do the forums a little bit of statistical research and for practice.

It's up and running folks. I actually ended up staying up past midnight formulating the questions and wording. Hopefully this will end up with some interesting results. This one is going to run for 1000 results so if you didn't get in on the last one this is your chance. If you took the last one go ahead and take this one. I'm not averaging the scores or anything. It might take 5 minutes of your time.

As always I appreciate comments thoughts or suggestions. I don't need this one to pass statistics class but I don't know what future projects I will have either. I enjoyed making this survey so I hope you guys enjoy the end results.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3rdgen4runner

Here is the link to view the survey as it occurs. Some of the stuff will remain the same but I will be manipulating the data to show some additional things....hopefully something interesting for the forum.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Done!

Good luck in school! Part of me wants to go back for another degree, the other 99% of me cringes at that idea!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Done As Well!

Good luck with school and the project, I agree with Sean's statement about going back lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    Done!

Good luck in school! Part of me wants to go back for another degree, the other 99% of me cringes at that idea!
    I'm happy to be back honestly. I'm not stopping till I'm done. Right now the general idea is to finish economics at hillsdale and then go for a materials engineer at either michigan state or another local school to where I'm at. I'd rather not have to move again for a little while.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

just finished it. the last question is how likely you are to replace it with another 3rd gen. I'm not sure what you were getting at with that question. I'll keep repairing the one I have unless its destroyed in a fire, so I put a 1 there

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162 View Post
    just finished it. the last question is how likely you are to replace it with another 3rd gen. I'm not sure what you were getting at with that question. I'll keep repairing the one I have unless its destroyed in a fire, so I put a 1 there
    If I could, I would have our entire fleet as 3rd Gens, but current living situation requires we have fuel efficient cars....
    I am slowly making that happen he he he, just need to get stepdads 02 and I have a variant of each set up of the 3rd gen....

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162 View Post
    The intent was if your 3rd gen was destroyed beyond repair would you buy another one or would you find another vehicle.

In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Tourist
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryptoroxx View Post
    The intent was if your 3rd gen was destroyed beyond repair would you buy another one or would you find another vehicle.
    After a big huge *shudder* that's what I took it to mean, answered it, then washed my brain out with soap! *Hands over ears* la la la la LA LA LA LA LALALALALALALALALA can't hear youuuu!!!!!
    '96 4Runner SR5 4x4, manual, e-locker, manual hubs too. Stuff happened to it. Stuff is still happening to it.
    '99 4Runner SR5 Highlander, manual w/locker. Stuff is starting to happen to this one too...but not too much stuff.
    http://www.yotatech.com/f200/habaner...thread-201751/
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco View Post
    Sometimes guys like to be treated like princesses too!

Quote Originally Posted by habanero View Post
    After a big huge *shudder* that's what I took it to mean, answered it, then washed my brain out with soap! *Hands over ears* la la la la LA LA LA LA LALALALALALALALALA can't hear youuuu!!!!!
    This is awesome! You are now a true class 9 3rd gen owner. Best comment on the survey!

In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Cool survey. I'm surprised at how many people have owned their 3rd gens for less than 3 years. There are more 5spd 4Runners than I thought too. I'd be curious to see how many of those have the 4 cylinder motor.

I entered 1 for the last question. I think it would be impossible to find another 3rd gen like mine, so if something happened to my 3rd gen, I'd probably look for a 100 series, Taco, or 06+ 4Runner.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast