Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3rd Gen 4runner Survey (for fun and for Statistics Class)

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter View Post
    Cool survey. I'm surprised at how many people have owned their 3rd gens for less than 3 years. There are more 5spd 4Runners than I thought too. I'd be curious to see how many of those have the 4 cylinder motor.

I entered 1 for the last question. I think it would be impossible to find another 3rd gen like mine, so if something happened to my 3rd gen, I'd probably look for a 100 series, Taco, or 06+ 4Runner.
    Thanks! Once I get a little more time I might head up constructing a census of sorts. I am not sure of all of the details as I haven't thought them through yet but I think it would be worth it for the forums to conduct a short census of their members to determine what direction the forum is moving towards? I dunno what do you guys think. It could have some cool bits of info....but I am also aware that it's not that serious too. It's a group of guys who build 3rd gen 4runners. I do think a census of 4runner owners as a whole would be of interest to many people.....including Toyota. User feedback is something that is valued greatly in R&D for the future of production.

I was surprised by those facts too. The 4cyl probably made up most of the manual transmission responses. I see 2wd auto 2.7 vehicles much less than the manual transmission ones. The 2.7 only made up 29 vehicles out of the current 363 surveys....and mine was one of them lol. I had to take the survey to make an even 350 responses when I pulled the data for my class. I am leaving this survey to run till my subscription with survey monkey stops in a month. I want to present the data to the owners and manipulate it a little to throw some odd facts out there for poops and giggles.
    Last edited by Kryptoroxx; 02-16-2016 at 05:54 AM.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Done.
    I could see myself replacing mine with another 3rd gen but I could just as easily walk away from it. I could go for a 4th gen or gx470 and be pretty happy.

I will be replacing mine with a 100 series but I have little reason to not want a 3rd gen. Mostly just size at this point.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike View Post
    Done.
    I could see myself replacing mine with another 3rd gen but I could just as easily walk away from it. I could go for a 4th gen or gx470 and be pretty happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    I will be replacing mine with a 100 series but I have little reason to not want a 3rd gen. Mostly just size at this point.
    I'm with you guys on replacement but I thought that new tacoma pro would be nice with the 4 doors. It's got a big enough cab for the family and the bed could be made into a very dry place if so desired.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

I still see a lot of very clean 3rd gens running around; in particular I saw some 01-02s this week that looked like they just rolled off the showroom floor. If I had to replace mine I would likely buy the cleanest 99-02 I could find and do a manual trans and elocker swap. My choices would be much wider if I included automatics in my search.

I think about new vehicles all the time and there isn't anything out there that I like more than the 3rd gen. Heck, I was in Palm Springs this week and across the street from me was a beautiful gray 01-02 sport edition and next to that was a group of hotties in skirts. My eyes kept bouncing back and forth between the 4Runner and the girls...no other SUV would have even gotten my attention, haha.

EDIT--just saw this on ebay---and their ebay store has quite a few really clean 3rd gens. LINK You may have to login to ebay to see it as it sold.
    Last edited by paddlenbike; 02-19-2016 at 09:50 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12