Thread: OEM Cats for FJ Cruiser

OEM Cats for FJ Cruiser

Hey all - long time no chat!

I've got a buddy who has an FJ and he was told by Toyota dealer that he needs to replace both cats. Where is the go to place these days to get these?

Thanks!
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

I was thinking about your truck the other day!

I got mine on Amazon. Of course, being in the Republik of Kalifornia, I had to pay twice as much. It was a universal approved for my vehicle. Works great.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I was just thinking about your old transmission you sold me!

Sorry, I'm of no help.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Cats are part of the manifold. Unsure if you are gonna find aftermarket ones.
    88 4Runner LT
    04 Tundra

2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Problem with aftermarket cats is the amount of metals put in them. It's usually the bare minimum and won't last. It's not worth it imo.
    88 4Runner LT
    04 Tundra

Quote Originally Posted by toyotech View Post
    Problem with aftermarket cats is the amount of metals put in them. It's usually the bare minimum and won't last. It's not worth it imo.
    That's not the first time I've heard this.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.