Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Seanz0rz's 2005 Lexus LX470

Looks Good Sean,

So does it come in 3 pieces and you weld it together?
    93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

One piece. I was welding on the light tabs to match my light bar.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Why does everything take 5x longer than it should?

Got the turn signals installed on the rack and wired up.

Entered the body through the tailgate harness. I just cut into the plastic and pushed my wire up through then taped it back up. Worked great!

I tapped the input to the trailer harness for my left and right turn signals. I also ran a wire up for a future 3rd brake light on the rack.

Used a 4-pin waterproof connector so I can disconnect the rack from the vehicle cleanly.

I still have some wire to clean up but this will get me through the next few months until I can finalize all of the rack wiring.

Lights are plenty bright for daylight and at night really perform.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Nice looking rack. Great job on the lights as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike View Post
    Nice looking rack.
    That's what he said.

Thanks. Still alot more work to do but it's getting there.

Nice job Sean. It's starting to look more like "your" rig.

Thanks!

Today I put in LED Tail/Brake and Turn bulbs in the rear. Very nice! Pictures are useless for lights. Put in a digital flasher as well. I have on order LEDs for the front, as well as some good halogens for the headlights that will hopefully be better than the HIDs I have in there now. I have new housings waiting for a projector swap, but that is a bit down the road. Probably a good winter project. Or summer...

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    Today I put in LED Tail/Brake and Turn bulbs in the rear. Very nice! Pictures are useless for lights. Put in a digital flasher as well. I have on order LEDs for the front, as well as some good halogens for the headlights that will hopefully be better than the HIDs I have in there now. I have new housings waiting for a projector swap, but that is a bit down the road. Probably a good winter project. Or summer...
    I thought all the LX470s had HIDs? Maybe the projector headlights made me assume so.

Unfortunately, none had HID headlights. And the projectors are garbage, even with halogens. 2 dim candles stuck to the front of 5600 pounds

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    Unfortunately, none had HID headlights. And the projectors are garbage, even with halogens. 2 dim candles stuck to the front of 5600 pounds
    How are the projectors held in the light assembly? It would be nice if you could retro some Acura TSX or Honda S2000 projectors in their place....those are awesome factory HID systems.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast