Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Seanz0rz's 2005 Lexus LX470

People used to use SC430 projectors. Some guy on Mud started making some brackets for the MiniH1 projectors. Also has some D2S brackets but he is not selling them. I'll go with a quad swap so I'll have 4 bi-xenon projectors and a stupid amount of light.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I have a box with about a half dozen RX350 HID projectors collecting dust in my garage (low beam) - any use for them?
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Sean,
    So it came with factory projectors and you dropped in some HID's?

Keith, I don't have much use for them. I know they are sought after. I'll hit you up on back channels.

Mike, it has factory halogen projectors. They are bad enough with the bulbs they were designed around. If you put HID bulbs in it, they output is more, but quality is less. The solution to that problem is to swap in projectors designed for an HID bulb. I'll be using the same projectors I used in my 4runner swap. The output is very good. Especially for the price/labor.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I'm a big fan of HIDs. I've seen comparisons that describe the difference in lumens between halogen and HID, but those numbers collect the amount of light at one location in front of the vehicle and do not account for just how wide the field of view is with HID compared to halogen. It's like a factor of three or more.

The Acura TSX I had was known for having some of the best factory HIDs available (as evidenced by the number of swaps that use these lenses), and while the German-made Bosch units in the van aren't as good as the Acura, the van is up high and thus the light travels further before it is cutoff by the cutoff shield inside the housing of the projector. So as good as HIDs are, I feel like you can take far more advantage of the available light when it's in a vehicle that sits up high. That makes the 4Runner (or LC) a perfect candidate.

There is a streetlight behind me in the photo, but the light out front is from the headlights. Had this photo been taken from the 4Runner, only the fence and perhaps a little to the side would be illuminated, and it would have been dim and much more yellow-ish in color. The 4Runner will get HIDs someday

The 3rd gen 4Runner is SOOO easy to swap! You can go all out, but for about $300, you can have an amazing retrofit. Mine are not really all that pretty, but the function is excellent.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678