Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Seanz0rz's 2005 Lexus LX470

Looks great Sean. Pretty cool to have a tool that can create something so custom. Like more than just bending and grinding some steel.

The heating thing makes sense. Hopefully it's not a PITA to dial in.

I am very happy with the printer. I am looking into buying a mill and lathe to do more work in aluminum, brass and steel, but the plastic will do nicely for now.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Been awhile since I posted up here. Not much in the mods dept.

Installed my Chinese knockoff snorkel last night. I sanded it and repainted it because the surface finish was so terrible! Came out very nice!

Grill is a custom design, 3D printed with the LEXUS logo painted white. Really came out nice!!! I am super happy with it!

When I was working on the air box, I noticed my heater tees were wet. Both are broken! They were replaced about 14 months ago right before we bought the truck. Mechanic must have broken them? Very lucky I noticed on a Friday. Amazon Prime got me new parts and coolant within 6 hours for not much more than what the dealer wanted. I will be changing those out tomorrow.

Clean looking install. Was it hard to do once you got over having to drill a giant hole? I don't know anything about the 100's so I don't know if it's a totally custom install.

Very easy. In some ways, easier than the 3rd gen safari snorkel. There is an intake tube in the fender I should have removed before drilling the hole, lesson learned. Hardest part was getting the rubber hose onto the air box. Once that was done, it was cake.

I did not drill the A Pillar. I used some VHB tape to attach the bracket. That, along with the 5 studs through the fender, should be fine. If I need to drill the pillar at a later time, it will mean taking off the snorkel, but not the end of the world.

Tourist
    Nice work, the printed grill is a very nice touch.
    '96 4Runner SR5 4x4, manual, e-locker, manual hubs too. Stuff happened to it. Stuff is still happening to it.
    '99 4Runner SR5 Highlander, manual w/locker. Stuff is starting to happen to this one too...but not too much stuff.
    http://www.yotatech.com/f200/habaner...thread-201751/
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco View Post
    Sometimes guys like to be treated like princesses too!

Looks Great Sean! So when do the water forging tests start?
    93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

Thanks!

Hopefully I will never test it in water! I finally got it back on the road Wednesday night after finding both heater tees cracked. Mechanic who replaced the engine over tightened the hose clamps. They were just over 1 year old. I replaced with metal tees and constant tension hose clamps. Now that's done, I still need to do an oil change, tire rotation, and to reset the preload on the front wheel bearings. Someday...

Gamiviti roof rack:

Went with the Expo++ with light bar drop and bare metal.

Just realized I don't have a picture installed on the truck, so I will have to get one tomorrow.

I 3D printed some brackets for my rack-mounted turn signals:

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast