Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Misfire codes again P0300, P0301, and P0302

So next time don't test them. still sucks they didn't last that long.
    88 4Runner LT
    04 Tundra

Quote Originally Posted by toyotech View Post
    So next time don't test them. still sucks they didn't last that long.
    The two injectors died in the 210k - 225k range. I think they lived a good life, though I'm sure there are others whose injectors lasted longer. Cleaning them while they were out, well might as well.

Ok now for a suck-tastic update: before I installed the top half back in, I did the Paddlenbike and thoroughly cleaned the engine bay as best as I could. Simple Green has nothing on Gunk Engine Bright in a spray bottle! Anyways, lots of paper towels consumed during the process.

So along with that, I replaced many hoses w/ the McMaster hoses I purchased. Boy those were expensive. I believe I have enough of the main tubing that runs from the airbox to the evap box. As this was expensive, I'm not giving it away (as I usually do from the goodness of my heart . Stay tuned if you need a replacement viton hose. As much as I tried to measure each and every hose, it wasn't worth it. Plus there's one hose that runs from the lower plenum to the airbox that has two different IDs. I'm going to have to buy that one from Toyota b/c that one is cracked on both ends.

Ok so I installed everything in reverse, but this is where I'm at: when I fire it up, the idle is at 2,500 rpm. I tried to let it settle down, but it was slowly increasing to 3,000 rpm. I tried this a total of 6 times. I just went out and came back after spraying the crap out of every possible hose connection and the plenum to try to produce an engine surge. No dice. I gunned the gas pedal to see it would release the (what I presume) the starting idle, but it actually moved up to 3,000 and stayed there.

So my guesses:

1) I jack up the IAC. However, I bench tested it before installing it and it was in good shape. There's one more test I could do but it would require me to connect 12volts to the terminals AFTER removing the IAC from the TB. Yeah, right!
    2) I missed a hose
    3) I didn't mount the throttle cable correctly. I removed them (for the very first time) to remove the TB for bench cleaning and testing.

4) Or none of these

I ended the night right there. Any guesses or personal experience?

Bob

Did you take pictures prior to digging into it? I seem to remember the throttle cable bracket having more than one mounting spot. Same with the cable. I'm sure a generic google image could sort that out but I feel your pain. Not saying it's the IAC but these were the things that made me dig into it more than once.

I sent him pictures of my junk last night. I also sent him pictures of my engine for reference. Seems to be correct on his end.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Sean: that just didn't read right :P

Mike: yup, took lots of pics. My guess is that some of the replacement hoses may not be a perfect fit. I recall one or two that were not perfectly tight. i kept all the old hoses so I'm going to plug those suspect hoses out and put the old ones in. Also the front most hose that goes from the plenum to the airbox is cracked on both ends. I'm going to put electrical tape on both ends and then firmly put some hose clamps on either end until the new hose comes in (part # 17343-62090).

I'm going to remove the throttle cable and see what the idle is without it attached. Perhaps I kinked that T-cable beyond belief or maybe it needs readjusting. Gonna try the brake clean spray test again too. Sunlight permitting, of course.

Most importantly, the thing ain't working b/c my 3400 V6 sticker got torn off during the cleaning process! That part # is 112/-62010.

Read perfect to me
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob98SR5 View Post
    Sean: that just didn't read right :P

Mike: yup, took lots of pics. My guess is that some of the replacement hoses may not be a perfect fit. I recall one or two that were not perfectly tight. i kept all the old hoses so I'm going to plug those suspect hoses out and put the old ones in. Also the front most hose that goes from the plenum to the airbox is cracked on both ends. I'm going to put electrical tape on both ends and then firmly put some hose clamps on either end until the new hose comes in (part # 17343-62090).
    Mine was cracked at the air box end when I got it in late 2007. There was enough slack in the hose I snipped the tip and plugged it back in. For all I know it's cracked again but I never pay much attention.

In past posts you were wondering if the ID or wall thickness was going to be a problem with the replacements you were looking at. Do you think one of the lines may be collapsing?

Sean,

you mean the part that you showed me your junk? lol. But yes, thanks for showing me your truck junk

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast