Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Misfire codes again P0300, P0301, and P0302

woohoo! Thank goodness for fixed trucks!

Remember to drive around quite a bit before the SMOG test. All of those emission system checks need to be complete (or at least all but evap) to pass.

Glad you got it all worked out. Looks like I need to open up mine further to see what damage was done when it was filled with oil. I am sure the TPS and IAC are due for replacement since I have that loopy idle sometimes.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Great to hear Bob. Those little JIS screws are a pain.

Now that you mention the TPS I ended up replacing mine a few years ago. I was getting symptoms of one going out but it was intermittent. It bench tested fine but I replaced it and threw the old one in the glove box. I felt replacing the screws on the TPS was necessary as it was a PITA to remove. If I had to do it on the side of the road I'd be SOL. IIRC it took several tools I don't usually carry. With the hex screw it's super easy and doesn't require taking off all the stuff around it.

Whew, glad you got it figured out. I will have a celebratory beer tonight in your honor.

Dropped off the truck at the mechanics for fluid changes (trans to MT-90, coolant, and oil---sucks not having a garage anymore!), fuel filter install (I was being lazy). The mechanics found other things I should do. 1 of them is troublesome from a not-having-a-f'g-garage anymore:

1) Leaking valve cover gaskets (I kinda knew this one would be mentioned)
    2) Rear diff seal leaking (I just top off...its just a VERY slow drip)
    3) Brake fluid change (I can't recall where I put it---Lance, is it at your place?)
    4) Wheel bearing noise. This one is the one that worries me

Sigh.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567