Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cat drive cycle

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun View Post

The year difference is weird, I will have to double check, I can't remember it it was 99 or 00 where the front o2 sensor changed to an A/f sensor and the tolerances for emissions tightened up a little bit.
    It depends on whether its a CA or federal emissions truck. The 99 and 00 CA models use a wideband AFR sensor, however a 00 federal emissions model (like mine) still uses the older style narrowband O2. By 2001, essentially all models were like CA models.

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike View Post
    It depends on whether its a CA or federal emissions truck. The 99 and 00 CA models use a wideband AFR sensor, however a 00 federal emissions model (like mine) still uses the older style narrowband O2. By 2001, essentially all models were like CA models.
    Thank you for the clarification! I am curious now what my 00 4Runner now.

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun View Post

The year difference is weird, I will have to double check, I can't remember it it was 99 or 00 where the front o2 sensor changed to an A/f sensor and the tolerances for emissions tightened up a little bit.
    FWIW, my California emissioned '99 has an air/fuel sensor up front. When it went out it threw a code. Prior to that I hadn't noticed any change in mileage or performance. Changing the sensor cleared the code and gave me great mileage that eventually tapered back to normal.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234