Thread: Bfg ko2 265/70-r17

Bfg ko2 265/70-r17

So after 4 years of driving with the Goodyear Duratrac's, I've gone back to the land of true All Terrains with the BFG KO2's in 265/70-R17. Link to the original Duratrac thread, here.

On top of that, they weren't even on the truck for 24 hours before I got them dirty with a quick run to the desert for a little shooting. So far, so good with these new tires; they're much quieter than the duratracs, even when they were new.

I'll be keeping track of my mileage and will report back in a little while. I want to see if the mileage drop I got from the duratrac were because of the more aggressive tread or the size increase from stock.

-------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Looking forward to you experiences. I will be buying a set in 275/75r18 for the LX740. Hopefully by the end of the summer.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

They looks good nice and dirty. I'll most likely be getting some by the end of the year. Mine KO's still have tread but they are getting old.

Looks good, Steve! I'll probably be buying another set sometime this summer or fall. I've put 60k on my current set, and I think I can get another 5k or so out of them.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

That's good to know that they wear well. I'm slightly worried that they don't advertise a mileage warranty like normal tires.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Tourist
    I'm liking them a whole lot more than the Michelin A/Ts and the BFG a/t, the old style. A little mpg decrease (approx 1mpg less vs the Michelin and about the same as the old BFG) and noise increase over the other two, but better traction on-road than both and a lot better wear off-road than the older BFG. According to fueleconomy.gov I'm getting 15mpg average of last 5 fill-ups on and off road.
    Good to hear that 60,000+ number on wear, I've only got about 13,000 miles on mine so far and they look like I have many more to go.
    '96 4Runner SR5 4x4, manual, e-locker, manual hubs too. Stuff happened to it. Stuff is still happening to it.
    '99 4Runner SR5 Highlander, manual w/locker. Stuff is starting to happen to this one too...but not too much stuff.
    http://www.yotatech.com/f200/habaner...thread-201751/
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco View Post
    Sometimes guys like to be treated like princesses too!