Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MAF tastic

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162 View Post
    I uncovered a larger problem in that my long term fuel trims were very high across the board and short term were also high.
    Do you recall what your numbers were? I've never really tracked my numbers but my Ultra Gage reports them. At highway speed I'm showing Short: 0.78 and Long: 3.91. At start up with a cold engine I'm showing Short: -7.8 and Long: 0.00.

Edit: I just read the write up for the numbers. Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by 4x4mike; 06-20-2016 at 06:52 AM.

Tourist
    Awesome easy write-up, hoping I don't have to utilize it for a long time, but will be very thankful when it's time.
    '96 4Runner SR5 4x4, manual, e-locker, manual hubs too. Stuff happened to it. Stuff is still happening to it.
    '99 4Runner SR5 Highlander, manual w/locker. Stuff is starting to happen to this one too...but not too much stuff.
    http://www.yotatech.com/f200/habaner...thread-201751/
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco View Post
    Sometimes guys like to be treated like princesses too!

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike View Post
    Do you recall what your numbers were? I've never really tracked my numbers but my Ultra Gage reports them. At highway speed I'm showing Short: 0.78 and Long: 3.91. At start up with a cold engine I'm showing Short: -7.8 and Long: 0.00.

Edit: I just read the write up for the numbers. Thanks for the info.
    I started out at +29.7 across the board for long term trims and I believe that's as high as they will go. Short terms were 5-29 as well so it was trying hard to get fuel. Oddly there was no sputtering or anything I have experienced in the past. I think my the old plugs and wires I used to have would compound the fuel issue and give me the surging, sputtering when a pump was crapping out. Yup...This is my 4th pump in 4 or 5 years haha. The last pump had all the updates on my fuel tank plumbing so I dont know why it died. It should have lived a very happy life. Hopefully it was just a bad pump to start with. After my third Delphi pump, I can say for sure that they don't have tight tolerances. Each one has sounded significantly different then each other.

Quote Originally Posted by habanero View Post
    Awesome easy write-up, hoping I don't have to utilize it for a long time, but will be very thankful when it's time.
    Thanks! I hear ya, when its MAF time its no fun. I dreaded re-pinning that connector. Turns out wrestling with my intake tube is the hardest part.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12