Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: August 12-14, 2016 Coyote Flats Planning

We might be up there that early. It's a bit too soon to tell for us. I'm sure it depends alot on how much stuff I can get done this weekend.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Keep us updated - we are flexible on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    We might be up there that early. It's a bit too soon to tell for us. I'm sure it depends alot on how much stuff I can get done this weekend.
    2004 Lexus LX470
    2003 Toyota 4Runner
    1996 Toyota 4Runner SR5
    1972 Toyota FJ40
    1970 Chevy C20 "shop truck"

I'm planning to arrive in Bishop Thursday night. I'll probably stay in a hotel that night and drive up the trail on Friday morning. Since I'm not familiar with the trail and I'll have my BIL and my nephew with me. Anyone coming in Friday morning?

Sean, it'll take two hours to make it up the trail? If I plan on meeting up Friday say around 10:30am...is funnel lake area my best option or another spot?
    -Jc1996 SR5 4WD 5SPD 4RunnerStock till 213,000 milesSonoran SS rear brake line|Sonoran diff drop|Sonoran Panhard drop bracket|SAW 2.5 C/O's|OME891-N86|Magnaflow 24|Deckplate Mod|Trueflow Airfilter|BruceTS Rear Bumper|Airaid MIT|Shrockworks Front Bumper|Trail-mart 67 sliders

I'm still in, really looking forward to it. I have a class Thursday night that I would like to go to so I plan on leaving early Friday Morning but that could change to Thursday morning if work goes anything like today.

I will probably bring 1 friend and maybe a dog or 2 if I can get my air conditioning fixed this week and that is OK. Any idea what the temperature will be like up there?

Be great if someone could send me the tracks so I can get an idea of the area.

Fires allowed or are there restrictions?
    93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

Temperatures in Bishop Thursday thru Sunday: 88-93 Highs, 53-53 Lows. Bishop is approximately 4k feet above sea level, we will be 10k feet above sea level. General rule is -4 degrees / 1k feet. We should expect temps about 24 degrees lower. I'd say High should be around 70-75 and lows in the 30-40 range.

We'll come up with a meetup spot for Friday Morning. The road up is not bad but take it slow. There are also not alot of off shoots, but GPS is highly recommended.

I'm hoping to have my Mobile Ham unit up and running so I will have the transmit power.

No wood fires. I am bringing a propane campfire. You also need one of these: http://www.preventwildfireca.org/Campfire-Permit/ takes 5 minutes: watch a short video and answer 8 questions, print out the permit and keep it in your vehicle.
    Last edited by Seanz0rz; 08-06-2016 at 08:14 AM.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Thanks Sean,

Fire permit sure has changed a lot since the last time I got one. Printed and in the truck.

So you are taking the 100 on this trip?
    93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

No. She needs wheel bearings and tires, at least. I am pretty confident (66.67% (yes, two decimal places!)) in it making a Pismo appearance though. Maybe even with some cool stuff...

Thanks Sean! I have the fire permit. Looking forward to this. I'll be listening on UY simplex primary 146.430MHZ. I plan to bring a couple of GPS devices so I'm hoping I'll find you guys. I'll keep an eye on this thread till Friday morning.
    -Jc1996 SR5 4WD 5SPD 4RunnerStock till 213,000 milesSonoran SS rear brake line|Sonoran diff drop|Sonoran Panhard drop bracket|SAW 2.5 C/O's|OME891-N86|Magnaflow 24|Deckplate Mod|Trueflow Airfilter|BruceTS Rear Bumper|Airaid MIT|Shrockworks Front Bumper|Trail-mart 67 sliders

Sounds good. I am having a difficult time getting the tracks to display on my tablet. I'll have to fight with it some more. If you are using the ones I sent, double check that they work. I have the track to thrusdays night camp but that's it.

I checked them on Google maps and they came up but I'll check them on the GPS device this weekend and confirm.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast