Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: August 12-14, 2016 Coyote Flats Planning

Finally got them to display. I am not sure what I did wrong or different this time, but it works...
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Great...the points and tracks came up fine on my GPS devices as well.
    -Jc1996 SR5 4WD 5SPD 4RunnerStock till 213,000 milesSonoran SS rear brake line|Sonoran diff drop|Sonoran Panhard drop bracket|SAW 2.5 C/O's|OME891-N86|Magnaflow 24|Deckplate Mod|Trueflow Airfilter|BruceTS Rear Bumper|Airaid MIT|Shrockworks Front Bumper|Trail-mart 67 sliders

good! it should look something like this: http://www.ultimateyota.com/showthre...l=1#post116354

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

You guys are getting an early start. I'll be on the road from my house at 6pm and will beat feet down there. The google says about 4.5 hours to Bishop where I'll grab some gas and hit the trail. I'm already packed so all I have to do is add ice and survive until Thursday.

I'll be monitoring 146.430 and hope to see everyone soon.

Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post

Be great if someone could send me the tracks so I can get an idea of the area.
    Rob, did you get the tracks?

Yes they look like the picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    good! it should look something like this: http://www.ultimateyota.com/showthre...l=1#post116354
    -Jc1996 SR5 4WD 5SPD 4RunnerStock till 213,000 milesSonoran SS rear brake line|Sonoran diff drop|Sonoran Panhard drop bracket|SAW 2.5 C/O's|OME891-N86|Magnaflow 24|Deckplate Mod|Trueflow Airfilter|BruceTS Rear Bumper|Airaid MIT|Shrockworks Front Bumper|Trail-mart 67 sliders

I sent Rob my tracks. If anyone else needs them, let me know and I will send them out.

Thanks to Sean I am good on the tracks.

I am either driving up late Thursday evening and camping/sleeping somewhere near Ridgecrest or leaving Early Thursday morning with the plan to meet up in Bishop with the main group. I should have that figured out by tomorrow evening.

If there is time for fishing I might pick up a license. I'm not very experienced at freshwater fishing, can someone recommend something in the way of bait or lures to bring?

I am thinking of bringing one of my dogs is that OK? They are both very friendly and well socialized.

I don't do much Sierra camping outside of campgrounds, any special precautions that need to be followed for food storage? I assume there are bears in the area.

Thanks
    93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

I'm bringing a fly and spinning combo. Between the two I'm sure I'll be able to scare off most fish. Lures and bait vary from location to location as well as species (color, size, etc). Since these are most likely planters I'm bringing smaller spinning lures, maybe a bobber and some powerbait. Fly wise small bugs, ants, etc. Since these lakes look pretty small I think I'll stick to top water and see how it goes.

As far as food storage goes I usually throw beef jerky under the rig of the new guy and keep my stuff in the truck. I don't think there are too many trees to hang food but I've never had too much of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike View Post
    As far as food storage goes I usually throw beef jerky under the rig of the new guy and keep my stuff in the truck. I don't think there are too many trees to hang food but I've never had too much of a problem.
    That's pretty funny. Luckily my dogs love beef jerky.

Thanks for the fishing scoop, I think I will invest $50 in something other than a finish license.
    93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast