Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: August 12-14, 2016 Coyote Flats Planning

As I remember, the north route to Funnel Lake seemed a lot rockier. I'd suggest the southern route in.
    Bummed I'm not going to make it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someday I WILL get my rig out west, and I am going to make you guys take me EVERYWHERE.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Back to big maybe... FOA sent shock shafts that are a inch too long. I ordered a 12.5" and got a 13.5". Now I see that there website is messed up and it doesn't really give you the dimensions.

When I buy a lathe you're welcome to bring those over and we could turn them down. I'm sure you'll still be screwing with these things for the next few years.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

haha thanks! it was only $600 more for ADS shocks when I went long travel. If I had done that upgrade I wouldn't need to rebuild them for another couple years probably. This is the third time i've torn down the front shocks and the second set of front shocks ive had lol.

I will unfortunately have to drop from this trip due to lack of child care options.

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162 View Post
    Back to big maybe...
    That sucks man. Are your current shafts no good? Hope you can make it.

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike View Post
    I will unfortunately have to drop from this trip due to lack of child care options.
    Bummer. There will always be more trips.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike View Post
    That sucks man. Are your current shafts no good? Hope you can make it.
    I've got one toasted shaft and the other is so-so. Working with MCMFab today to get some correct ones. FOA blew me off on the phone since they are custom sized and told me to go through MCM. I might be driving to Vegas this afternoon since I already took the day off in hopes the 12.5" shafts listed on FOA's website were available. 12.5" are custom only even though thats the default length shown on the website lol...what a mess.

We are heading out Thursday for sure, camping at Funnel Lake. Does anyone want to meet up for lunch in Big Pine and hit the trail together?
    2004 Lexus LX470
    2003 Toyota 4Runner
    1996 Toyota 4Runner SR5
    1972 Toyota FJ40
    1970 Chevy C20 "shop truck"

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast