Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: August 12-14, 2016 Coyote Flats Planning

I'm back to a go : ) Truck will be driving to Pismo this weekend as a test run of the new fuel system. Its not even together yet, but...

Savage/Lewis fam is a go.
    2004 Lexus LX470
    2003 Toyota 4Runner
    1996 Toyota 4Runner SR5
    1972 Toyota FJ40
    1970 Chevy C20 "shop truck"

As a side note...we will be doing a Big Bear day run soon to play with my GPS system that is on the way. It will not be hard...will probably include the newly reopened 2N13C up to the fire lookout.
    2004 Lexus LX470
    2003 Toyota 4Runner
    1996 Toyota 4Runner SR5
    1972 Toyota FJ40
    1970 Chevy C20 "shop truck"

I'm down for Big Bear. I have some welding to do this weekend. After that it's just packing up stuff.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Thanks for all the replys and the trail work Sean and Troy. I've been in Alaska for nearly the past two weeks and haven't had much time or internet to do any planning. Once I get these kids to sleep and my wife gets home I'll fire up the dropbox and BCN and check out the trails.

I haven't done anything to my 4Runner except put gas in it for the past year so I hope it's all together and ready for the trip. As it is I probably shouldn't touch it just to make sure.

I'll update the front page with the following:

Coming-
    Me (maybe +dependent)
    Sean +1
    Troy
    Roy +1
    Rob

Maybe-
    Adam
    Ken
    Toyotech

I forget now. Did you guys have any luck fishing? Is it worth taking a pole?

The first year it was awesome at rocky bottom lake. The next time we went that lake was gone. Green lake should be good and Baker is supposed to be good as well.

I might be able to make this. Is the list closed?
    Jc
    -Jc1996 SR5 4WD 5SPD 4RunnerStock till 213,000 milesSonoran SS rear brake line|Sonoran diff drop|Sonoran Panhard drop bracket|SAW 2.5 C/O's|OME891-N86|Magnaflow 24|Deckplate Mod|Trueflow Airfilter|BruceTS Rear Bumper|Airaid MIT|Shrockworks Front Bumper|Trail-mart 67 sliders

The list isn't closed, we'll just be a big group.

Troy and Sean, are you aware of any restrictions like in the NP's about needing a permit for large groups? What about potential camp spots? Will they fit as many rigs as we might have coming?

Its national forest up there. This is all I could google. Short answer is <75 people, no permit needed
    http://www.fs.fed.us/specialuses/spe...ml#sp-noncom-a

camping is all wide open up there. Its more field then forest. I would be hard to think of a spot that couldn't handle 10 trucks

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast