Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: August 12-14, 2016 Coyote Flats Planning

Have fun guys. I'm totally bummed I can't make it.

Just made it to bishop. See y'all soon. And Ken, your absence will be felt deeply. And I didn't even try to make that dirty.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Sorry you couldn't make it Troy. For some reason I thought you had your shocks back together.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    That road was ok except for one spot where I nearly flopped down a 500 foot mountain side.
    Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162 View Post
    agreed on that big pine exit. It was sorta pretty in areas, but who knows how crappy those bad spots are after this past winter.
    You know how you're not always supposed to believe everything you read online? Yeah, I should have believed the above (and also taken into consideration Sean's words before he left). After dinner around a mug of whiskey we kind of talked/I pitched the Big Pine exit. Yes it was pretty but then it got kind of life altering scary. I'll let the boys post up pictures but I (lead runner) got hung up on the second obstacle (after the three diamond, Most Difficult sign). It didn't look really bad but there was no getting through let alone 4 rigs. I'm thinking it was about two hours before we got pointed towards the Bishop exit.

I'm not sure what it used to look like but it was too narrow for even my 4Runner. That combined with the off camber, sand and canyon we made the easy decision to back off. The decision was easy but getting me off the rock pile took a lot of help and I owe a big one to Roy, Adam and Rob.

Thanks guys for a fun trip. I'll dig through my photos and GPS tonight and post up in the trip report.

Can't wait to see some pics and hear more of the Big Pine story. Bummed I missed this trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike View Post
    You know how you're not always supposed to believe everything you read online? Yeah, I should have believed the above (and also taken into consideration Sean's words before he left). After dinner around a mug of whiskey we kind of talked/I pitched the Big Pine exit. Yes it was pretty but then it got kind of life altering scary. I'll let the boys post up pictures but I (lead runner) got hung up on the second obstacle (after the three diamond, Most Difficult sign). It didn't look really bad but there was no getting through let alone 4 rigs. I'm thinking it was about two hours before we got pointed towards the Bishop exit.

I'm not sure what it used to look like but it was too narrow for even my 4Runner. That combined with the off camber, sand and canyon we made the easy decision to back off. The decision was easy but getting me off the rock pile took a lot of help and I owe a big one to Roy, Adam and Rob.

Thanks guys for a fun trip. I'll dig through my photos and GPS tonight and post up in the trip report.
    oh man sounds just like what we went through that day. Those few spots in there are completely unforgiving and hard to recover from.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910