Thread: Mudflap for the front

Mudflap for the front

I'm not dead just finding out how much it sucks to start your career over.

It sucks

Anyway I live on a dirt road out in the country and it's beautiful. If things turn out well here I might just try to buy the place off of the landlord.

It doesn't have a garage so I guess I have to remember a few things about construction if I do buy it lol.

I need mudflaps. The family vehicle had big enough mudflaps to keep the rocks away and while I did do the monstaliner one chip in the paint around here and you can watch the rust eat the runner.

My goal is to use generic truck flaps to create and effective rock stopper that can be removed if so desired. My only concern is the front flaps as there isn't a whole lot of room for the flap to hang and flop around before it gets sucked in by the tire rolling forward.

I had an afterthought of doing a removable hanger that comes off the frame. I noticed that a lot of the samurai guys do it that way. The rears I will simply add a little more to the coverage and call it a day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kryptoroxx; 07-16-2016 at 04:26 AM.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

I forget now. Did you remove your fender flares? Are you currently running any type of flap?

I have the rigid flaps and when in the rocks I remove them because they aren't flexible. I really don't want to rip or break them especially since they are hard to come by these days.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike View Post
    I forget now. Did you remove your fender flares? Are you currently running any type of flap?

I have the rigid flaps and when in the rocks I remove them because they aren't flexible. I really don't want to rip or break them especially since they are hard to come by these days.
    That was the plan but I don't believe I will have the time before semester starts to repaint so I am coming up with a best alternative plan. The biggest enemy is the stuff slung from the tires. If I can minimize that I can minimize the exposure to rust type stuff.

The limited flares do provide a decent amount of protection from stuff hitting the actual paint and the monstaliner helps as well. I just know eventually I will catch a rock chip and the water will find a way in and bam. No more rocker panels.

I got the second pair of mudguards in and I was hoping they were the stiff poly and they were. The thick rubber is nice and flexible but if it catches the tire they're toast.

I wish I could say I'm going offroading. I'm in survival mode financially while I'm attending school so no rocks for me right now. Good news is I have job offers already for when I graduate so it's not all doom and gloom. It gives me a good reason to study hard and do what I can.

In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Here's a few pics of the size of these flaps.

Trickiest thing will probably be mounting them straight I imagine. The front will be mounted on 3 holes and the back I will try to get 4 due to the weight of the rubber.

In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

They attach easily enough. I wish they hung down a bit further but all in all I think these will fit the bill. I will get around to the rears but those are going to take more work as they are a lot heavier.

In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf