Thread: August 12-14, 2016 Coyote Flats

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sunday was our last day and we were to make our way out and head home. Before Sean left we had looked at the map and I had told him we were going to take the same route out as we had taken in, via Bishop. Well that didn’t exactly happen. During dinner on Saturday we had talked about leaving via the Big Pine route. This route looked shorter and was an area the remaining four hadn’t covered yet. Plans be damned, we headed toward Big Pine.

Not far into the trail we came across a sign. While not a large sign its job was to convey a message. To hell what it said, take it’s picture and continue on to Big Pine.

Most Difficult? Heck this route is pretty.

After this obstacle things pretty much stopped for close to two hours. We encountered an obstacle and decided to turn around. The words of such a task were much easier than the action itself. I was lead runner and got hung up on a mess of rocks, off cambered, in the sand and over a nice canyon (a canyon I didn’t want to make my final resting place). I didn’t get any pictures but it required lots of spotting, game planning, a winch rope, some Tred Pros and lots of nerves. In the back of my head I could see Sean shaking his head. He wasn’t laughing but he wasn’t pleased. After we got me off of the mess I had to get straightened out then we all had to reverse about 100 yards to a spot we could turn around. At this point we had some distance to cover to pass our last camp enroute to Bishop. While not breakneck speed we hauled butt making minimal stops back to the start.

This was our track for the day

Last edited by 4x4mike; 08-15-2016 at 05:51 PM.