Thread: 2016 Pismo Jamboree

2016 Pismo Jamboree

I finally got a chance to clean up and put my gear away while my photos were uploading. Thanks everyone for another great year of sand and fun. Like always there were a lot of new faces and as Lance said, some old faces. I got on the beach at 3 pm, Friday and was greeted by blowing sand which quickly made it into all my crevices and openings, the 4runner also got sandy. This wind was pretty solid until about 7:30 when the sun went down.

This guy had the right idea.

I saw these guys airing down at the entrance. Too bad they didn't stay for the weekend.

Here's my 4Runner sinking as a result of the sand being blown from under it.

Lance didn't make it into the dunes so he went all out in camp.

The rest of the evening was pretty chill while people rolled into camp. Once the sun went down Roy pulled out his entry to the LED challenge. I'll tell you I was quite impressed, even before he said, "We're pushing close to 9000 lumens."

Last edited by 4x4mike; 09-26-2016 at 12:49 PM.

Driver meeting.

Group shot

JC with his new Savage Offroad addition.
    Last edited by 4x4mike; 09-25-2016 at 09:22 PM.

These guys were busy on Saturday. We saw them fly down the beach on three different occasions.

These guys showed up on the second call.

RobG and I went out looking for some carnage but all we found was some perfect sand and beautiful light.

My entry into the LED challenge. Bought, not built (well I built a mount). It was pretty fun to play with via the IR remote.

Last edited by 4x4mike; 09-25-2016 at 09:32 PM.

Lance and Chris, thanks for a great time. Good to see familiar faces again and meet new ones. Mike thanks for the pictures, those are great. A few of my pictures.

Look at what is in back of Mike

Last edited by RobG; 09-25-2016 at 10:47 PM.
    93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

Last edited by RobG; 09-25-2016 at 10:56 PM.
    93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

Really nice photos guys.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Pictures look great. First time in 6 or 7 years that I didn't make this event. It's crazy to see all of the Facebook reminders from all the past events.

Chris/Lance - Will there be another event next year?

Let me know,

Thanks,
    1992 Toyota 4runner SR5 4x4 3.0 V6 5 Speed - It's Modified.

We had a great time, despite all the wind. Thanks for all the effort, putting this event together. It's created many fond memories for our family. You guys are awesome!

Adam

I went to the 2004 Pismo Jambo, I really need to make it out there again one of these days. I miss running Pismo and looks like you guys had a blast.
    1996 T4R Limited: Stock l E-Locked l 265/70/16 Destination A/T's l Ultra Gauge l Drifter CB Mount l AOF Sliders l Weathertech
    My Build Thread
    2001 Camry: Stock l DD
    1987 T4R: Stock l 31x10.50 Interco Trxus *sold*

Thank you Lance and Chris for organizing this event. I understand it involves a lot of planning and personal time to put this together, you guys always do an awesome job. I had a fun relaxing good time. Thanks Mike and Rob for taking some amazing photos. Roy the tire swingout held up well on the dunes. It was nice meeting some new folks and sharing into interesting stories by the fire at night. I'll try to post up my pictures soon.
    -Jc1996 SR5 4WD 5SPD 4RunnerStock till 213,000 milesSonoran SS rear brake line|Sonoran diff drop|Sonoran Panhard drop bracket|SAW 2.5 C/O's|OME891-N86|Magnaflow 24|Deckplate Mod|Trueflow Airfilter|BruceTS Rear Bumper|Airaid MIT|Shrockworks Front Bumper|Trail-mart 67 sliders