Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trouble Code P0306

I hear ya but with my luck if another one goes out it wouldnt have been the one I put the spare in. I also didn't want to risk a cheap replacement leaking or causing other troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun View Post
    Can you take a photo of the jet side of the injector as well.
    I am curious what the ports look like at the end.
    Here is the business end. I couldn't get a picture of the 4 small holes inside of the pig nose especially when it's as dirty as the used injector. This is what 17 years of spraying fuel looks like.

wow mike, neither of mine were that dirty. not even close. j

Mine were not that dirty either. Check the PCV valve
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

PCV looks fine and still has the check valve moving. It was one of the things I yanked on when I first got the code. The one on there isn't too old but I ordered a new one. I also need to change the fuel filter. I've been meaning to do it since I bought the 4Runner, almost 9 years ago.
    Last edited by 4x4mike; 02-14-2018 at 08:03 AM.

For reference here are my injectors and spark plugs when I pulled them out of my truck when I was having the back fire issue:

I am trying to look through my other picks to remember which cyl each came out of.
    EDIT: In order from left to right 1 3 5 2 4 6

In my case my injector wasn't fully closing instead of not opening and firing.
    Last edited by YotaFun; 10-06-2016 at 06:49 PM.

I replaced the PCV gasket too, Mike. It looked fine, the PCV itself slipped in just fine, but when I removed it the thing cracked to pieces Luckily my years of playing Operation as a kid allowed me to pick it out with no problem

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123