Thread: New option from Bilstein for 3rd gens

New option from Bilstein for 3rd gens

I was reading through some SEMA stuff and saw that Bilstein has a new line out for the '96-'02 4Runners. So far just the fronts are available and they come as the shocks and coils. These are like a week old so I'm not sure about other coils being able to be used but the shocks are the big news. Sized and valved for a vehicle smaller than a Tundra and have dimensions at least that of other aftermarket options including Icon.

http://shop.mrtmotorsports.net/bilst...-2447967.aspxp

The link stated that the max lift out of the shock is 2.3" inches which is less than many others out there (~3"). I'm not in the market for a new front end but look forward to reading about those who are trying it. I am however probably going to need new rear shocks as my 5100's didn't seem to last long. The rears are expected by December or January. The rears are going to be a 5160 series and have remote reservoirs.

Look at the OEM Toyota tokico LC shocks. Best ones I've used in the rear.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

thats pretty awesome to have another option. the marketing spin almost made me spit out my beer though

0-2.3” of lift on 4×4 – 9 circlip settings

Clear up to 275 Tire on top setting with rear coil spring

Sadly that will sell shocks lol.

Lol! That doesn't even mean anything!

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I'll check out the LC shocks for the rear. I really liked the green Trekmasters I used to have, the 5100's are almost too soft.

In looking at the new 6112's the 9 settings are really close together, unlike the 5 steps on the current Tundra 5100's which yield up to 2.5" of lift. I'm not sure why you'd need so many positions for 2.3 inches (that's what she said) but alas.

The LC shocks are much stiffer. I prefer a stiffer (lol) shock.

I agree with Sean on the rear Shocks, I had the black Tokico in the rear and I sure do miss having them.

Another front end option that I am using and I am surprised I don't see more people and has a lot more options are these:

Bilstein 24-186520 5100 Series Monotube Shock Absorber

Yes they are technically fit for a Tundra, but I just don't see how, the ride in my truck is great in the front, and the flex off road I could not be happier with, and it is fully adjustable from stock height to a true 3" (which my cvs reminded me of when I didn't have my diff drop in...)

I like that there is more focus on the 3rd gen market, its great to finally get some recognition, and like Troy says, with that marketing spin, they will sell -_-