Thread: Anyone Replace the Speakers in their 100?

Anyone Replace the Speakers in their 100?

All of my fronts are shot. I would like to replace all the speakers and leave the Sub alone for now (unless the sub is easy and cheap to replace). Looking for something at least as good as stock, not looking to add an amp or mess with the head unit.

I read a ton of threads on Mud a while back but I didn't seem to find a real consensus on what to get and some of the options in the older threads were no longer available.

Any suggestions would appreciated.
    93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

I'm in a similar situation. I am shocked at how awful the Mark Levinson sound system is.

Do you have the ML sound system? it makes it slightly more difficult. I haven't done much research but saw some decent threads on Mud for it.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

No ML I only have a Toyota, I think it is a JBL head unit. Sound was OK but both front speakers have been out for a few months now. I will dig through the Mud threads this weekend, I was hoping to save some time and get more of a affirmation from someone who has done it here before spending any money.
    93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

Saw this on mud this morning: Affordable speaker upgrade

I've been out of the game for a long time (10 years?) so I don't even know what is good and not. But, pretty much anything is going to be better than a speaker with a melted coil or a blown cone/suspension
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Thanks Sean,

That looks like a good solution at a good price but I'm confused about the tweeter, I think at least one of mine is bad so I'm not sure how they take care of this with 3 ways in the door. I assume they just bypass the crossover and feed the 3 way speaker with all the signal. I'll keep reading. Maybe I will post up some questions on Mud or call crutchfield.
    93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

So I read a few threads on Mud and went with the Infinity 6030 components for the front, $85 a pair on Amazon. I didn't want to give up on the factory tweeter location and they come with a crossover, factory uses a capacitor at the tweeter not a crossover. Hopefully I will have time to put them in Sunday.
    93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

Got the speakers put in Saturday, pretty easy process, very pleased with the results. Great to have front speakers back, very glad I went with the factory mount tweeter. Funny thing was my old speakers looked pretty good.

For anyone needing to do it these instructions on dissembling the door panel helped a lot.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/doo...rocess.327860/

93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser