Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are all tires E-rated these days?

Looks good Mike, I'm interested in hearing if they effect your mpg one direction or the other. Also, I hadn't seen the light bar you built into your bumper, nice work!
    2000 4Runner Sport / 4x4 / 5spd / E-locker / SS 1.2 / 265x75x16 Bighorns / ARB Prado / HD-SKO

Looks awesome. Not an SUV out there that looks better than the 3G.

Quote Originally Posted by slomatt View Post
    Looks good Mike, I'm interested in hearing if they effect your mpg one direction or the other. Also, I hadn't seen the light bar you built into your bumper, nice work!
    Perhaps I'll start keeping some stats. What I really need to do is knock the dents out of my fuel tank to regain some of the mileage I lost years ago, then hopefully the up size will just be a wash.

The light bar was an addition after some tweakers made a subtraction. I added the build onto the bumper rebuild post.
    http://www.ultimateyota.com/showthre...l=1#post115754

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike View Post
    Perhaps I'll start keeping some stats. What I really need to do is knock the dents out of my fuel tank to regain some of the mileage I lost years ago, then hopefully the up size will just be a wash.
    That sounds familiar. I kick myself every time I drive the 2nd gen for not knocking those dents out when I had my tank out years ago. I can't let my truck go down too much less than half way or I start running out of gas.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Sounds like we should have a gas tank repair party.

- Matt
    2000 4Runner Sport / 4x4 / 5spd / E-locker / SS 1.2 / 265x75x16 Bighorns / ARB Prado / HD-SKO

Been there, done that. A 2x3 and a large hammer did the trick.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    Been there, done that. A 2x3 and a large hammer did the trick.
    Did you just pull the panel under the seat, then pull the pump, and knock the dent out from the inside? I keep meaning to get around to that.

Quote Originally Posted by slomatt View Post
    Did you just pull the panel under the seat, then pull the pump, and knock the dent out from the inside? I keep meaning to get around to that.
    You probably could. I pounded mine out when the tank was out for the upgraded fuel pump. Luckily the pump is located in such a spot as to provide us perfect access to the place we most often dent our tanks.

I am not entirely sure you can get the pump assy out through that door. I removed mine from the truck to do.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    I am not entirely sure you can get the pump assy out through that door.
    That's nothing a sawzall won't fix, although I'm not sure that's Matt's style.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast