Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spring 2017 - Desert BDR (Backcountry Discover Route)

Man I want to do these so bad, maybe next year.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I am interested in doing a section of the Nevada BDR this fall, probably immediately after Thanksgiving.

Rob, did you find any more information on the Nevada route? I am thinking Primm north to Tonopah

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Sean, I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully I can get the time off, my work situation is a little dynamic right now.

I almost ran it 2 weeks ago and wound up switching to the Utah BDR at the last minute (as I was pulling out of the driveway). Working on my Utah Pictures and trip report now, it was amazing but I have totally abandoned any idea of running a complete BDR in one stretch without a few weeks budgeted to explore the surrounding areas.

I have the NV BDR DVD if you PM me your address I will send it to you just send it back or to someone else that wants to watch it when you are done. DVD wasn't as useful for trip planning as I had hoped. I have the Map too but it isn't great. I mapped a few of the mines and things in the section you are interested in which I can share as well.
    93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

I'll get a trip planned and posted up soon, this way we can put in for time off.

It sounds like most of it is dirt road. I see 150 mile / day averages and think that can't be too hard of a road.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12