Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad TPS symptoms

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike View Post
    Luckily gas is still reasonable right now. As nice as the Leaf was to drive it was definitely a bit emasculating, whereas I get the thumbs up in the 4Runner. There is also a big difference in the way I get treated on the road, I don't get cutoff nearly as often in the 4Runner.
    I get flipped off quite a bit in the Lexus, certainly more than the 4Runner and Ford Fusion. My Fusion is apparently invisible, I've been hit once and had several dozen serious near misses. People do let me in with the Lexus.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Ken,

Glad the new TPS worked out for ya.

I stripped the screw too and found out that it's a JIS head screw made out of soft brass. I was able to get off 3 of 4. It was like playing that old game "Operation". Good thing replacing them. I replaced mine too w/ Allen head screws.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post

I'm commuting 50 rough day trip in the LX. 15mpg is hurting a little bit. Gotta get the 4runner back on the road soon! Just a steering rack, timing belt, and rear axle RR before I can do that.
    I've been commuting the Sprinter van this week trying to burn fuel off as I will be dropping the fuel tank to install a seat. This thing is 9-feet tall and still getting nearly 30 MPG on my stop-and-go commute. The 4Runner has been getting 17 MPG in these same conditions.

Last edited by paddlenbike; 03-23-2017 at 07:19 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12