Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dash Cam Time

I ended up with the A119S and am very happy for the most part. Only problem I have is the camera to mount interface sucks and mine vibrates. So much so it will cause the camera to shut off if power is attached to the mount. Solution is to supply power directly to the camera. I need to find a piece of foam to stabilize the camera though.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Well there aren't many cameras that could honestly stabilize in a lifted 4x4 lol. I'm getting that one for the 4runner. I just saw that one and noticed that it was a battery but that it was "tested".
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

nah the camera is really loose. It shows up as a fairly high frequency vibration/flicker in the video.

Honestly, a wedge made from folded paper would work well too, it just is a little wiggly in the mount. I haven't pulled footage from the Fusion yet to see if it does it on that one too, but I suspect so.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I just installed the Rexing dash cam a few months ago and so far so good. I'm actually surprised it hasn't died from the 115+ deg weather we've had in the last few weeks, especially since I haven't been taking it off the window at all. All I've been doing is tucking the window shade between the dashcam and the window, and also cracking all the windows. Cracking the windows does the most to keep heat down in a car. Unfortunately, I won't be able to do that once the monsoons come.

The video quality is pretty good and it should do the trick in court.
    https://www.amazon.com/V1-Dashboard-...exing+dash+cam

When my wife gets a new car at the end of the year, I'm going to install a nice front and back dash cam for it.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

I have the a119 installed in my GF. Nice unit. Like the screen on it. Easy to use. Hardwired in. Haven't had to use it for reviews. After messing with it for a very short time. I realized I want one with wifi so I can download to my phone at anytime for upload. Been looking and not trying to spend to much like you guys.
    88 4Runner LT
    04 Tundra

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12