For me it started with Imagestation (an old Sony company) which was kind enough to transfer my photos to Shutterfly (completely useless service). I started using Picasa which was great as I was able to easily upload, store and link photos to places such as here. About a year ago Picasa removed linking capability and became a lot less user friendly for me.

I had always had a side account with Flickr and Photobucket as they were free. The storage space was low, at the time, but it was a backup. For me both these services are confusing to navigate and are full of pop ups but up until today were my only way to post up photos.

Today Photobucket announced it's removing linking capabilities and breaking links to hosted photos, unless you have a specific subscription. They still offer the capability but it'll cost $399/year.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/354711/ph...s-the-internet

I don't remember this level of disappointment, with the exception of a few here, when Picasa did this but nonetheless. As far as I know Picasa does not offer a pay level that unlocks linking. Look forward to many broken links to photos here and elsewhere on the internet.