Thread: Trailer

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Trailer

So I picked up a little trailer to help with everything the 4runner cannot do with chores around the new house. I got a great deal on a well maintained 5x8 trailer with sides and a tilt bed. It has a 2k axle under it which is just fine for what the little 3rz will be up to. I need it for household items, mowers, dirt, rock, landscaping stuff, and whatever else I can't get in the back or ok top of the runner. Best thing was that it was 425 and a handshake.

Now for the thread reason. I wondered if lengthening the tongue by about 2.5ft and then making the front of the trailer hinged (just a little more room for bulky stuff) would be a horrible idea. I know trailer balance is an important issue but I figured a longer tongue would also make the trailer easier to maneuver in reverse. I might have a class a cdl but this trailer is quick to turn lol.

Since it is a tilt trailer there is only a bolt at the center which holds the tongue to the frame. I could easily purchase a new tube for the tongue and put a hinge on the leading edge for about 120 bucks or so with new pressure treated wood on the front.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kryptoroxx; 07-23-2017 at 05:04 PM.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf