Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remember my Supra turbo?

Remember my Supra turbo?

She's still alive and well, living in Reno, Nevada. I sold it about three years ago and the current owner still emails me pics from time-to-time. I am very pleased it went to someone who enjoys it as much as I did.

Here are some recent pics he sent me:
    [img width=535 height=800]http://home.off-road.com/~kemanuel/Supra/Supra_in_Reno1.jpg[/img]

[img width=800 height=535]http://home.off-road.com/~kemanuel/Supra/Supra_in_Reno3.jpg[/img]

[img width=800 height=535]http://home.off-road.com/~kemanuel/Supra/Supra_in_Reno2.jpg[/img]

Re: Remember my Supra turbo?

cool!
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

Slick car.. I love the MKIV wheels. A buddy of mine just built a 3rd gen turbo and it is scary fast. Actually, he said it's too fast (and also big since he has to parallel park a lot) so he's selling it and will probably make about $5K on it .

I'd love to have me a Supra turbo one of these days...
    1987 Toyota 4Runner<br />Specs Here: 4Runner Page

i bet that makes you happy that he isnt someone who doesnt take care of cars.

if i ever sold my 4runner (im not implying annnnything here..) id want someone to use it well and take good care of it.
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept
    i bet that makes you happy that he isnt someone who doesnt take care of cars.

if i ever sold my 4runner (im not implying annnnything here..) id want someone to use it well and take good care of it.
    x2, I have seen people like that and I look at the car and just think of the potential it could have had.

That is a sweet supra, wish I could afford one..

I don't think I will ever own another car as fun as that one.

At the time he bought it, the new owner had just turned 16 years old. His parents were well aware of how much power it made, but they said they had one of those unusually responsible kids. I began to explain to him the boost setting button on the boost controller that brought it from 7 psi to 15 psi, and his response was "don't bother, I probably won't use that button for a long time." I thought 'yeah right.'

He still posts rather frequently on supraforums and it's nice to see his enthusiasm over the car. It's also nice to see that all the time and effort I spent on the engine build were worthwhile. Other than a clutch-related issue, it seems like it has been really reliable for him.

I dug up an OLD video on my hard drive that brought back some great memories; the build of my 1988 Toyota Supra Turbo. You'll have to forgive the video quality from that day.

18 years later and I still have never driven anything as fast nor as fun as that car.

https://youtu.be/UfDGQ07tVQU

Man you don't see many like that anymore. Video quality was fine. In this day and age everything is HD. Sometimes it's fun to see the old stuff though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptoroxx View Post
    Man you don't see many like that anymore. Video quality was fine. In this day and age everything is HD. Sometimes it's fun to see the old stuff though.
    I see them on a rare occasion, they are 32 years old at this point. I realized the other day that my 3rd gen is the oldest vehicle I have ever owned at almost 20 years old. So much for "moving up," haha! The Supra was 14 years old when I owned it. Yet these two have been my favorite...

-Ken

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike View Post
    I see them on a rare occasion, they are 32 years old at this point. I realized the other day that my 3rd gen is the oldest vehicle I have ever owned at almost 20 years old. So much for "moving up," haha! The Supra was 14 years old when I owned it. Yet these two have been my favorite...

-Ken
    I used to love my tacoma......but really it's nothing compared to how I love driving the 3rd gen. It will be hard to see her go but honestly i like the 4th gen for different things. Not sure how I'll like the traction, abs, and everything else the 4th gen does electronically but it's really easy to drive for being the size it is.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast